Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRUSTSSO2 and SSL certificates explanation

former_member472240
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

Even though I am aware that the certificates are stored in STRUST or STRUSTSSO2, be in terms of validity or owners. But still can someone explain what exactly is meant by these certificates, what are these used for and why are these maintained in SAP. Also what if I come up with some errors like

"few FTP server comm channel failed on SID - SSLException"

"Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "165.131.139.225:21": iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Peer sent alert: Alert Fatal: decryption failed".

How above error is related to certificates.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member472240
Participant
0 Kudos

May be my question is too simple but still if anyone could clear my doubts above, it would be great

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through below links to understand the concept

Trust Manager - System Security - SAP Library

Maintaining the SSL Server PSE's Certificate List - SAP NetWeaver by Key Capability - SAP Library

In simple words

STRUST is to create a trust relationship between SAP system and other application (public key and private key)

SSL is to create a secure connection, like exchange of data in a encrypted format (HTTPS)

Regards,

Prithviraj.

former_member472240
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank u Prithvi, hope you r doing well. Could you also answer my question related to that error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I'm fine thank you.

Can you share the scenario and complete error details?

Error screen-shot would help.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

Hope you are doing good.

Usually the whole error has more details. For example "iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Peer sent alert: Alert Fatal: decryption failed" can be due to a PADDING error.Do make sure that you are using the latest SSL library (note 1507568 - Latest update of ssl library in Java stack).

If the issue is due to the FTP sender channel, then setting the parameter 'ftp.timeout' can help  (see 1687688 - FTP sender channel stops polling
).

Hope this helps.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kind Regards,

Hemanth
SAP Active Global Support

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _