Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Manager 6.3 WPF GIS Location Issue

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're having issues getting the GIS "Show My Location" to work with WPF Client

It looks like the button when selected isn't triggering the required action.

The issue is shown in the video below -

Our AgentryClient.exe.config has the GPS configuration settings -

GPS device is working on the below COM port -

I'm not sure if there's any configuration that I'm missing or it's a bug within the ESRI WPF component.

I have an active OSS Incident for this issue but Support are saying its a consulting issue and I need to do some OpenUI programming. Considering the ESRI integration is provided with the EAM Mobile SDK I shouldn't have to do any OpenUI programming.

Versions -

Windows 7

Agentry WPF - v70.10.7.27

EAM SDK 2.0

Work Manager 6.3

Panasonic ToughPad FZ-G1

cc

Thanks,

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Stephen,

Since the ESRI component is an Open UI control it does not utilize the same settings / functions to access GPS as does the native WPF client.  The ESRI component has its own code to retrieve the GPS coordinates from the device.

As I understand it the ESRI code uses Windows Location services to get the GPS coordinates rather than looking for a com port like the WPF client does today (this will be changing to location services in the future).

I have been told there may be additional software / setup required for this under Windows 7 but I have not experimented with it yet.

--Bill

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification Bill. It now makes sense re the WPF Client using COM based GPS while the OpenUI ESRI component uses Windows "Location Services"

As a trial I installed a location sensor called GPSDirect which was listening to COM3 and presenting GPS position via the Windows Location Services. There were issues with GPSDirect not reading the COM port correctly and returning a Latitude =0 & Longitude =0

Having said that Work Manager did show my location successfully at "Lat=0 & Lon=0"

GPSDirect also has a simulation feature which returns a random GPS point. Again the ESRI component in Work Manager successfully displayed the location.

Still investigating if Panasonic have a driver to present the GPS location to the Windows Location Service.

Cheers,

Stephen

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I found a Panasonic GPS Location Sensor driver and after installing it the ESRI component could determine my location.

Thanks again Bill.

SK

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Great, glad you got it working.

--Bill

Answers (0)