cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing the Correct IBP Add-in

0 Kudos

Hello All, 

I recently wrote a post, but It was not clear, so I wrote I am writing a new one.

I have run into a challenge with adding the Excel Add-in for IBP.  I have installed what I thought was the correct version of the IBP Add-in, however when I try to make the connection from excel to IBP (after I enter in the connection information) I get an error message saying "You must install the newest version in order to make the connection".

The details of the version of the add-in I have CURRENTLY installed are below:

File Name: IBPEXCELADDON02_0-70000183.EXE

File Version: 5.0.2.0

Product name: IBP Add-in

Product version: 5.0.2.0

This is not the correct add-in, right?

So I went looking for a new version and could not find one.  I went onto the IBP web interface and clicked to the page to download the IBP add-in, and it directed me to the download manager, however there was no add-in to download, the add-in file did not exist. I spent hours and hours searching everywhere I could for the new add-in and could not find it.

I later learn that our system might actually requires an older version of the add-in.  The details of the version of the add-in I supposedly need are below:

File Name: SOPEXCELADDON01_2-10013248.EXE

File Version: 14.0.0.162

Product name: S&OP and EPM

Product version: 3.0

Is the the correct add-in??

If this is the correct add-in, then my biggest problem is I would then need to uninstall the version of the add-in that is currently installed and install product version 3, and it says I must have Visual basic for Applications in order to use Product Version 3 of the add-in.  I installed visual Basic, and I followed instructions to uninstall the add-in, I took it off excel and I deleted the file, and I removed it from the registry-key on my computer. However when I go to install product version 3, this message pops up:

"A Later Version of 'IBP Add-in' is already installed on this machine. The setup cannot continue."

What are the steps I must take to completely uninstall the add-in so I can download the correct version?  Are there extra steps needed to uninstall an IBP add-in from a local machine??

Have you experienced this issue with other customers, and how did they go about fixing it??

And based on our system, what is the proper IBP add-in we need, to properly connect with our system and WHERE can we find that file?

Thank you for your help and support!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Sorry for the mistake, I forgot to write our IBP version.

IBP 4.0 Support Package 2 Patch 3

Thank you for the reminder!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksandra,

I want to install IBP Excel add in of version 6.1.4.1.

Can you share the link

anna_linden
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please find the Add-In for 6.1 here:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2301086

BR Anna

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Wolfgang

as in your last post, you forgot to mention the most important information: What release is your backend system??? NO ONE will be able to tell you what is right unless you provide this information

In your last post, I provided you OSS notes to find the correct addin - so based on which backend release you are that answer should be given already

Regarding the problem that you cannot de-install your current addin, that is really weired, I have never seen that at any computer

So I suggest you to open OSS message (and please dont forget to mention your current backend release    )

Yours, Irmi

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

To be able to help you, we would need to know on what release your IBP is.

S&OP 3.0 is not the right one, unless you are an on premise customer.

Regards

Alecsandra