Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Directory API without NWDS ! SAP XI 7.0

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a requirement where we are expected to do some mass change (Change directory details of all channels) with communication channels in Integration directory.

Following Vadim Klimov's Comment in http://scn.sap.com/thread/3852605, I understand  Directory API can be used to accomplish the requirement however, we do not have an active NWDS in place to start development. It will take a long time to get this set up because of approvals & configuration. Is there an alternate way to accomplish this (say by using ABAP) so I can save time & get the Job done ?

Thanks in advance

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Yes, this doesn't purely require NWDS. Integration Directory API is exposed as a set of SOAP services accessed via HTTP(S), so you can develop consumer for them on any platform that supports SOAP client functionality. SAP NetWeaver ABAP application server, arbitrary Java standalone application or the one deployed to Java application server (SAP or non-SAP), .Net application, etc. are just few examples that can be used to utilize Integration Directory API. You can even consume them from existing SOAP test software like SoapUI, if you have proper SOAP requests payload being prepared in advance.

Regards,

Vadim

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vadim,

Thanks for the comment. From your comment & a little research online, I seem to have understood a little more about Directory API & how to proceed further with my situation. Thank you.

Regards

Sam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

As Vadim has mentioned, there are various options to consume these web services and this will depend on the platform and skillset available in your organization.

However, I think you are hoping to do this in ABAP, and yes, that is possible too. You just need to generate a consumer proxy based on the WSDL file of the ID API, and code the appropriate logic to execute the proxy. The following blog provides step by step guide for it.

As a bonus , I managed to find a program I did ages ago using 7.0's API that creates a full suite of objects for a complete configuration scenario. I'm attaching it here, hopefully it might be a useful reference for you. (Note that the program will not activate/compile in your system because it depends on the existence of all the proxy objects).

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Yeoh,

Thanks for the response & the code from your treasure trove.. I am sure It will help lot more people than just me Thank you. My team is working based on your input & Vadim's & a little research on their own.

Thanks again

Sam