cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to OpenText Archive Server fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am connecting to Open Text Archive server via RFC from SAP ECC.

SAP is on Unix and Archive Server is on Windows. The servers can ping/connect each other.

Per the scenario guide, I am configuring the RFC from SAP to Archive Server (using registered program - "archiveserver-hostname.rfcSAPSID", which is running on the Archive Server. How does my RFC know which hostname (of archive server) is the program running on? Is there anyway I have to tell my gateway (running on the same ECC server) how to reach that program? Please help..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rvznavarro
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

I agree with Kolusu to make sure that the version of your OTAS is compatitble with the version of your SAP server. I think later versions of the OpenText Archive Server (later than version 9.7.1 <- not sure on this) are no longer accepting RFC connections from SAP servers and instead accepts HTTP connection (via Apache Tomcat web server running on the OpenText Archive Server). Configuring this http connection from the SAP server to the OT Archive Server is by modifying the content repository via OAC0 and using storage type "HTTP content server" and use the hostname of your archive server in the "HTTP server" field. Also, the fields "Protocol", "Version no.", "Port Number", and "HTTP Scipts" needs to be updated accordingly depending on your OT Archive Server version. I hope this helps!

Regards,

Ronald

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jim,

You are referring to wrong part to guide. RFC creation is for the 4.7 and preceding versions. From ECC5.0(check for right version I currently in office).

Make sure that you are using right combination version of OTAS & SAP.

If other side configurations are also in place that should fix the problem. Please feel free call me or email any questions any time.

Cheers!

Kolusu

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since a "registered program" will be used, it is not SAP that will connect to the Archive Server.

It is the Archive Server that will connect to SAP.

It is also not the Gateway that will reach the program. It is the Archive Server that will perform the registration of the program at the Gateway.

What is the error you see when you perform a "connection test" at the destination?

Do use see any error like "registration of tp ... not allowed" at the Archive Server logs?

If yes, read the SAP KBA 1850230 and the following WIKI page.

Gateway Access Control Lists - Application Server Infrastructure - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate your reply.

Is an RFC from SAP to Archive Server need? I have the connection created in OAC0 which is working, however giving the error - The specified ArchiveLink method is not known or not supported.

I have created a TCP/IP RFC connection from SAP to Archive Server. I have mentioned the Program name as hostname.rfcSID as mentioned in the guide. However, when I talk to the Archive Server admin, he say that these programs are not running in that server. Is this RFC needed even after creating OAC0? If so, how do I get these programs working on Archive Server? Would there be any add on modules to be loaded on the Archive Server? I am referring to the Scenario guide on OT. Thanks for all your inputs.

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I do not work with the Archive server, so I do not know whether the RFC destination is required.

About the program name used at the destination, this is actually an alias, not a real process name at the Archive Server host.

The Archive Server system would connect to SAP and identify (register) itself with that program name / alias.

Regards,

Isaías