cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in TO confirmation through idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting inbound idoc for transfer order picking confirmation. I am not mentioned storage unit number in the  confirmation idoc.

As we are getting idoc from external system I don't expect they should provide me storage unit number.

Currently I am getting error message that

Storage unit does not exist

Message No. L3209

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you mentioned this is a picking activity the destination storage type will be 916 which is a non SU managed storage type hence SU number is not required. However you need to explain the process and steps in detail which will help us to suggest what is wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

My source storage bin is not storage unit managed & destination bin is storage unit managed.

Whe I received inbound idoc for TO confirmation it is giving me error storage unit does not exist.

Storage unit does not exist

Message No. L3209

I am not expecting from external system to send storage unit number.

How can I take such Idoc to confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned my Manish and even I asked for Idoc segment data which you are filling/receiving for idoc confirmation. Pls share that.

You do not need to send SU number for TO confirmation if you are confirming based on TO and TO ling item. I have recently done such integration.

BR

Kamlakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamlakar,

Below are the fields I am getting

Technical NameDescriptionValue
SEGNUMSegment Number000001
SEGNAMSegment NameE1LTCOX
SEGNUMSegment Number000002
SEGNAMSegment NameE1LTCOH
TANUMTransfer Order Number7000754290
SEGNUMSegment Number000003
SEGNAMSegment NameE1LTCOI
TAPOSTransfer order item1
NISTAActual destination quantity in1.000
ALTMEAlternative Unit of Measure foPC
Former Member
0 Kudos

Below is the transfer order that I want to confirm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Can you share the screenshots of idoc number from WE19 too. Also let me know which basic type you are using and which all segments you are receiving as a part of IDOCs

BR

Kamlakar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the message L3209 has a variable.

Storage unit & does not exist

This & in the message will carry the SU number, like in this coding line:

MESSAGE E209 WITH P_LENUM RAISING SU_DOESNT_EXIST.

If you get this message without a SU number, then it is evident that SAP checked for the existence of the submitted SU number from your IDOC.

So you either must not have the segment E1LTCOX in your IDOC   or you have to have a valid SU number in that segment.

see KBA 1622350 - Error message L3209 "Storage unit & does not exist" when posting TO confirmations using id...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen I have deleted E1LTCOX & finally get out of this error.

But now I am getting error Either enter quantity or confirm target = actual

I have entered quantity in NISTA field at item level.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the field E1LTCOI-SQUIT please pass the value as 'X' if there is no difference any try again

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Which Basic type you are using for TO confirmation? what all fields you are receiving in Idocs?

I faced same issue sometime back, this error comes even if you are missing some other mandatory information. This error does not mean you have to specify SU number during TO confirmation, you might need to specify some other data.

BR

Kamlakar

prabakaran_gurusamy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

it is not possible as per my knowledge.  if you are doing picking outside system, i expect external system should sent SUT or HU number. else how sap system knows that which SUT got picked.

Both systems should sync.

Another way is that you can create  non-wm managed  storage location for picking. So external system takes care picking, in sap we can just do GI for delivery.

Thanks and Regards,

Prabakaran Gurusamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parbhakaran,

We have decided that storage type from where picking should happen to be non SU managed.

My destination storage type will be SU managed.

Will this resolve the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

Yes. This should fix your issue. If the external System is not SU managed, then map the settings such that inventory is received  in SAP through IDOC into a Non-SU managed Storage type and then move the same in to the SU Managed storage type.

Thanks,

Sai Arala.