cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details regarding SAP ECTR and SAP VE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can I be advised on few details regarding SAP ECTR and SAP Visual Enterprise.

1. Are they two different products?

2. how do these two products compare in terms of usage in business need.

Pls. advice.

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GerhardHimmelsb
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

1. yes, they are two different products. ECTR is about integrating CAD tools. SAP VE is more a suite which consists of Visual Enterprise Generator to create viewables, VE Author to manipulate/create visual work instructions and VE Viewer to view/redline viewables.

2. Not sure exactly what you mean. But ECTR, as mentioned above is the integration platform to manage native CAD files. SAP VE is a suite of products to enable visualization across different department in an enterprise. See also

SAP ECTR: http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=394109330

SAP VE: http://scn.sap.com/community/visual-enterprise

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Gerhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gerhard for the explanation.

Can you please provide me some comparison of these two products and how will they fit in a solution architecture.

I am in the midst of a technical proposal preparation, where I am looking to replace the existing PLM with SAP PLM.

As such the customer does the following activities like designing, documentation, approval systems, publishing, authoring, Material Masters, BOM & Routing creation etc.

As I understood from the initial comments that it will be based on the customer decision whether he wouold like to just have cad integration with SAP or would like to have visuals as well.

But from architecture per se, how does this components appear with SAP PLM and SAP ECC. How do the entire data. Information exchange flows. Where doe SAP DMS with cfolders fit in the picture,

Thank,

Vivek

GerhardHimmelsb
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

there is no comparison. Both products adress a different aspect of the overall business process.

ECTR is in the detail design phase where product information is cretaed in CAD and needs to be managed within SAP. SAP VE (as said VEG, VEA, VEV) are components which might be used to generate viewable, create visual work instructions or view content.

Your question goes beyond what I can write in a few sentence. I would recommend to approach our consulting organisation to support here.

Best regards,

Gerhard