Did you mean: 

Find Packaging Information from an Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an Idoc with an information:

Message Type: SHPMNT

Basic Type: SHPMNT05

E1EDL37-KDMAT35_EXTERNAL = M (packaging Code)

E1EDL37-KDMAT35_VERSION = K (customer is property of this material)

I'm trying to find where I define this information in master data in order to solve an issue. But I coudn't found where is defined this information

Can anyone helpme with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Gus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it can be possible that this fields are not standard? and only can be filled by an user-exit?

I'm starting to think that...

Jurgen, In this program I have KDMAT field too and not KDMAT35_EXTERNAL as you.

Thanks!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do a where-used on those 2 fields in your system, if the index is current then you should find the coding, I did not find any coding for those fields in my system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

How can I do a "where-used"? It's only can be done in debugging?

Thanksa lot!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no, from SE11

enter E1EDL37 in table field and display this table

then find the field KDMAT35_EXTERNAL (is almost at the end)

select the field and click the the icon for where-used in the application toolbar.

You get a pop-up with the first 3 selection made, just execute as is and SAP should show the programs where these fields are used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jurgen,

This field doesn't give me results.

I understand that this is a "Z" field?. I suppose it was filled by User-Exit.

Thanks!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, not Z-fields. They are standard in that structure. I don't really know for what they are needed, but there are 2 OSS notes when searching with the field name KDMAT35_EXTERNAL, and from those I have the impression that they have to do with a special feature of long material number.

The field description says Long Material Number (Future Development) for KDMAT Field

So it could potentially be that a colleague of you had used those fields for a different purpose eventually filled by an exit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I wanted to say that.

I think that.

I will talk with a developer to find the exit that fill this fields.

Thanks a lot!!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prabakaran_gurusamy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The Packaging Code field (for example: 1A1; IP1; 4G; LQ4G) is available in the Basic Data 2 view in the material master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for answer so fast. But this field is empty for both materials and one of this works ok.

I think this fields of the idoc check other information.

Any idea?

Thanks!

prabakaran_gurusamy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

what is your error message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

theres in no error message.

he problem is the we have 2 segments E1EDL37 in the shipment and one of them has this infromation:

E1EDL37-KDMAT35_EXTERNAL = M (packaging Code)

E1EDL37-KDMAT35_VERSION = K (customer is property of this material)

and the other not.

And I made some tests in different scenarios and the problem is with Packaging Material. And I couldn't find the source of this information in order to fixe it.

Thanks!!!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have the Discrete Industries Add-on?

I don't, the program to fill the Idoc-Segment E1EDL37 is LV56KF5O, I see there how the normal field KDMAT35 is filled, but I have nothing in my system about the filling of E1EDL37-KDMAT35_EXTERNAL

Best you check this program in your system to see if it has some coding to fill these 2 fields