Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer determination for printing in WM

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am facing some issue in printer determination in TO printing.

SAP says (in note 392317) about printer determination that the output device search happens in the below sequence:

1. the system searches for a printer in the table 'Assignments -> Printer -> Warehouse movements'

2. If not found, the system searches for a printer in tables 'Assignments -> Printer -> Picking area' and 'Assignments -> Printer -> Storage type'.

3. If no printer has been determined, the system uses the default printer stored in the user master.

But I am observing a different system behavior during TO printing. I have printer maintained only in the warehouse movement table T329D and no printer assigned to the picking are or storage type.

System is asking for a manual printer entry on TO creation (auto TO printing) and if available it picks up the printer only from the user master record only. Is it something am doing wrong or missing some place to look at? From what i see, system always picks up the printer from the user master and not fetching it from the warehouse movement table.

Any advice or suggestions please.

Thanks!

Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eventually there is the user exit used which was explained for a special case in KBA 1847818 - Unable to assign a specific printer to a user when printing Transfer Orders in WM

Answers (0)