cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution manager - migration of database only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Our SQL Server DBAs are migrating all systems to a new server farm.  Currently Solution Manager (SAP EHP1 for Solution Manager 7.0) is running on SQLServer 2008 R2.  The new farm is SQLServer 2012 (although 2008 R2 is also available).

My question is how can I reconfigure the application to use the new database.  I would expect that I only need to reset references to the server and instance (the instance name is changing).

I tried amending the DEFAULT profile to make these changes but disp+work fails to start presumably because it cannot connect to the database.  I get this error in the dev_wx log files:

C  Warning: Env(MSSQL_SERVER) [SSMDCA001] <> Prof(dbs/mss/server) [SQLDCA102V\INST5]. Profile value will be used.

I am aware of some of the documentation available (re migration of the system) but these always seem to refer to bigger changes than we are making. 

All other (non-SAP) systems which we have just required minor configuration changes to use the new server etc.  Can the same be done with our SolMan system?

Thanks, Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check in service.sap.com/PAM whether the MSSQL server 12 supported for solman 7.0 ehp1.