cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we Set the Default SAP Component while Creating Support Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I Have got requirement like, when we create the support desk message from any application system by default the sap component should get selected which we have determined in Solman.Our Business secnario is too complex user give create the support message without giving the Sap Component or they give wrong sap Component, so we want to set the sap component get selected by default while creating the support desk message, guide me in solving this issue.

Regards

Charan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are 2 ways to default the component. 1. Create the message by double clicking on the sap logo from whatever transaction screen they are having the problem or 2. using menu help>create support message. Either of these will automatically defaults the SAP component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have 20 team and each team is having different sap component and whenever the user create the support message from application system the sap component which we have determined for team should get selected.

Regards

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think your logic is reversed. I think it's better to let users create messages from the application areas from which they are having the problem. Based on the standard SAP component which defaults into the component field, the ticket can be routed to one of your 20 teams. This is where the agent detemination rule for support team can be configured. There are a number of message on the forum regarding support team configuration. This way, if your 20 teams can't solve the problem (for example SAP defect) then the message can be forwarded directly to SAP using the correct component. Good luck.