cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single order or requisition per network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a scenario of using SAP PS to existing process.

We want to understand how would SAP PS help us group all requisitions or planned order for similiar material in a MTO scenario

A sale order of two line items generates a project with two WBS elements and two networks

this network has material components attached to activities

There are few components common in both the networks of the project

Can we obtain one requisition or plan order for these materials per project ?

or

can we obtain one requisition per network with different materials in it? ( collective requisition in networks is not working)

Please suggest

BR

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best you can do with standard SAP is to get one PR per Network Header with the Collective Requisition setting on.

In your scenario you are getting 2 Network Headers, correct?

You can use Requirements Grouping to pull together requirements that are fed to MRP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for suggesting

Consider we have two line items in Sale order

Then the standard project structure would have one level 1 WBS and 3 level 2 WBS which is attached to one standard network

So two line items in the Sale order would give us two network header, two level 1 WBS and six level 2 WBS hierarchically

Which one would be the WBS for automatic requirement grouping? since we would have two level 1 WBS element and both can be marked automatic grouping from the standard template

Is this done just by checking the box of requirements grouping in Project definition?

BR,

Prasad

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you are creating projects automatically you might not be able to do Requirements Grouping automatically.

But Grouping will definitely give you want you want.  Look in SAP Help for more info on Grouping.  The concept is that materials are assigned in the project to different WBS elements and grouping transfers the requirements to the Grouping WBS so all material reservations fall under the same WBS.  You can then use MRP to generate a single PR or Planned Order with multiple quantities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

But we want to stay as much as possible in the standard way.

I just went through the document

I also wanted to clarify if we use one WBS element structure for a sale order then it would be possible to adapt the automatic requirement grouping. Is this right?

Since using a new WBS element for every line item would not be feasible.

Kindly suggest

BR

Prasad

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can Group requirements within a project or across projects.  The Grouping WBS does not have to be in the same Project Definition.

I don't know if you can put a Grouping WBS in a Standard WBS, I doubt it.  You could add the Grouping WBS to the new WBS after they are created.

What are you using to automatically create the Projects, Assembly Processing or CPI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is Assembly processing

I understood the logic for creation of project elements as 1 to 1 mapping if the SD/PS assignmnet is checked, and that need not be mandatory for us when we can have the automatic grouping indicator for one Sale order irrespective of the mapping

So if the system allows us to have collective requirements with no line item wise mapping of SO item to WBS also would be fine

Do you think this is feasible?

BR

Prasad

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can still use Assembly Processing to automatically create the projects and assign the WBS to the Sales Order line.  This doesn't affect requirements grouping at all and you need it for billing and shipping.

After the projects are created you will probably have to change them manually to add the grouping WBS element.

Answers (0)