Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving and Deletion in PI

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDNites,

SAP PI database is showing as fully utilizied and am looking into archiving and deletion of the messages processed more than a year before. In order to achieve that I have scehdule job SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE_<Client>. After this job is successfully executed, I can see the no of entries from table SXMSPMAST has been reduced by 30K (almost 25% of the total records). But I cannot see any further increase in the database size. Can you please guide me with the steps.

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

A SAP Note 872388 contains quite detailed information regarding what steps need to be executed in every component (Adapter Engine, Integration Engine, Business Process Engine) in order to setup archiving and/or deletion. It is mentioned in the referred SAP Note and should noted that even if you only tend to use messages deletion, ensure that messages archiving job is also scheduled and executed successfully. Reason for this is, messages that were subjects for administrative action (for example, manual restart, payload change), will be ignored by deletion job, and can only be cleaned up from a database by archiving job.

Coming back to your question. It may be the case that messages have been deleted from PI database tables (as a result of archiving or deletion jobs execution), but released space has not been reclaimed on database level. In this case, you may notice that amount of records in corresponding message persistence tables has been reduced, but database disk space consumption hasn't changed. If so, please consult with your database administrators and ensure that they perform tables / tablespaces reorganization on database level. After database reorganization is completed, disk space is defragmented and reclaimed, you should be able to notice reduction of disk space consumption, followed by increase of database size caused by new messages being processed and persisted (until next effective run of messages archiving/deletion job and database reorganization job).

Regards,

Vadim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I didn't work on Archiving and deleting. But below link helpful to you.

SAPTechnical.COM - Archiving and Deletion in PI

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

One more link for your reference,Ensure you do all steps and check if the DB size is increasing

SAPTechnical.COM - Archiving and Deletion in PI