cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Workflow - Declined by System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

1) If a requestor of an approval workflow is one of the approvers inside of the workflow, the workflow will be declined by the system.

- How can I change this? In my opinion this is not correct.

2) If the consignee equal the approver, the workflow will be declined by the system.

- How can I allow this?

Thanks, Regards

Florian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

unfortunately you cannot configure what should happen in those cases.

What you can do is only checking that before the actual approval task and handle it accordingly (e.g. by skipping the affected approval step or approving it via script).

Cheers

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

oh no, this is so stupid.

I have a 3 step approval workflow with different approvers. I think to realize this with scripts is difficult and will blow up the workfow. I have to think about this.

Thank you!

Regards

Florian

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Well, its easy to just skip the approval - you just put a conditional pass before the actual approval task and check whether approver is requester or consignee and skip it - but if you cannot just skip it because the customer wants to see it got approved by the system automatically than you have quite some effort:

You need to change the approver to someone else (e.g. a generic approver person) first

You initiate the approval

You initiate a separate process on "Execute Process on Initialize" of the approval itself (as shown in picture below)

In that process you gotta wait some seconds to give the system time to initialize the approval and then approve it via u-function (think it was uIS_Approval).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Norman.

I will try this...

Regards

Florian

Answers (0)