cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Figure Copy across Planning Levels with different Time Profile

0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am looking for a solution for the following issue:

I have one Key Figure "TESTMONTH" at Base Planning Level MONTHPRODCUST, the month is the lowest time period.

I have another Key Figure "TESTWEEK" at Base Planning Level WEEKPRODCUST, the week ist the lowest time period (but month is included as well).

The only difference between the two planning levels is that the weekly level is cut out of planning level MONTHPRODCUST.

Now I want to copy the key figure values stored at monthly level in TESTMONTH to the monthly level at TESTWEEK. Afterwards, the monthly key figure value at TESTWEEK should disaggregate to the weeks of each month proportionally.

This is exactly what would happen when I create a planning view in Excel and copy the key figure values manually, but I am looking for an automated solution (e.g. by formulas; copy operator). I could not make the copy operator work in this particular setting.

Any hints/recommendations to solve the issue? Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards

Holger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

Copy can only work if the source KF can be calculated at the base planning level of the target KF.

I would suggest to use a split factor to make TESTMONTH available in weekly buckets.

This split factor would be a KF which stores the number of weeks per month.

TESTMONTH@REQ = TESTMONTH@WEEKPRODCUST

TESTMONTH@WEEKPRODCUST = TESTMONTH@MONTHPRODCUST / WKTOMTH@WK

Or another option would be to create a landing KF for TESTWEEK defined at MONTHPRODCUST and use it as a target KF for the copy. Then with the split factor you can disaggregate into your TESTWEEK.

Regards

Alecsandra

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Alecsandra, it works just as you described it.

I created a Key Figure which stores the number of weeks per month (as in our scenario, months can have either 4 or 5 weeks) and used it for the split factor calculation.

As a "nice-to-know": Any way to design a Key Figure that automatically calculates the number of weeks for each month? That would of course be the much more elegant way.

Best regards

Holger

Answers (0)