cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading .lums to new version - not able to load universe while refresh..

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are trying to upgrade the .lums file from 1.22 to 1.29 and tried to refresh dataset but we are getting an error stating "Cannot Load selected Universe"

Your help will be much appreciated!!

Thank you!

Sangeetha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

My BI Platform version is BO XI R 4

Also, I am not able to view the SAP Note which is asking for credentials

Thank you!

Sangeetha

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

According to the SAP PAM, at a minimum you need to be on BI4.1 SP04 with 1.29; otherwise this may not work and is not supported

Essentially the note refers to this: - can you run this same universe in Web Intelligence?

0 Kudos

Thanks for your Note, it really helps.. yes I can run the same universe in web intelligence..

Thank you!

Sangeetha

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using BI4, you are not on a supported version with 1.29 - you need to be on BI4.1 SP04

0 Kudos

Yes, we are trying to move on to 4.1 in next few months

Thank you!

Sangeetha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

we still use BI 4 and tried to connect to the universe and created a new data set, I was able to do that without any issues..

But trying to understand why the universe is not getting loaded when we upgrade the .lums file from 1.22 to 1.29..

Could you please clarify my confusion, if 1.29 works with BI 4.1, then how it is allowing me to create a dataset using a universe on BI 4.. is there any specific reason for that..

Thank you!

Sangeetha

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not really following this question; since this is a closed thread, please first search for your issue and if you still have questions, share how you have troubleshooted the issue and create a new thread.  Thank you

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First, I recommend installing the universe query panel extension that came with 1.25 - see

On the second screen shot, what happens when you click "Edit Query"?

0 Kudos

Yes Tammy, I did install the universe query panel extension on my new version Thanks for your suggestion

once I click the edit query it says "Cannot Load Universe" which I have attached as the first screen shot..

Thank you! very much for your guidance!!

Thank again

Sangeetha

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version is your BI platform?

Also check this SAP Note: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2132012