cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value of stock in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can the cost price of materials be brought into APO to do a valuation of stock ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Janet,

Here is good news.  You can do ANYTHING in SAP if you have enough time and money.

The answer to your question is yes.  You haven't described where you want the info, but it is fairly straightforward to bring price-type data into BW infocubes for use in DP.  See your local BW resource.

If you intend to use CIF rather than BW extractors, then it will require enhancements.  Speak to your local developers.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy 49

Thanks so much.  We are on SCM7 EHP3 and there is a business requirement to see the projected stock on hand and projected safety stock as you can see it on the SNP planning book in a report as a value.  We already load SNP planning book data (projected stock and safety stock as well) to a BW infocube from which we report in Bex .  So I was not sure if there was a standard way of bringing the cost price into the SNP product master.  What do you think will be the best solution - via BW or via the CIF ?  We have developers, so we can do either.  Maybe BW as the other data is already in an infocube ?

Kind Regards

Janet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Janet,

So I was not sure if there was a standard way of bringing the cost price into the SNP product master.  

This would be an enhancement.  As previously mentioned by expert Amol

APO in general, and SNP in particular, is a Planning solution.  All valuation, and all valuation decisions, are normally done in ECC, or whatever other Online Transaction Processing System you happen to be using.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janet

I don´t see any standard way to bring the cost into SNP via CIF.

I would prefer to use APO BW solution.  You can create couple of time series KFs in SNP planning book.  One i.e. cost/piece you can load into KF which you can hide in planning book and see you if you can right a macro cost/piece * stock (projected stock and safety stock KF) and show in the planning book.

I hope this solution will help you.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49 and Amol

What the business is looking for is similar to the Fiori app "Explore projected stock value".

We are not looking to constrain the planning with the budget.  They want a cost valuated idea of what the stock holding will be based on the plan coming from SNP, if that makes sense.  I will try the BW route.

Thanks for your feedback.

Janet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Janet,

Perhaps the business should use the Fiori app.  Or, create some nice reporting in a separate BW instance.  You have to ask yourself:  What benefit would the planners gain by adding this new bit of information to the SNP planning book? 

Standard SNP Planning book as supplied by SAP is a planning tool.

It is not a reporting tool

It it not a budgeting tool

It is not an analytics solution.

Adding Non-standard Key Figures to SNP will have an effect on performance.

If you try to torture SNP into being something that it is not, you will add cost (both obvious and also unseen) to the solution.  You should only do that if the business requirements are compelling, and the value of the benefit exceeds the costs.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback

Can you close the thread following steps to close the loop.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

They do not want to see the information in the planning book.  They want to see it in a report.  This is for the supply chain team.

I will close the thread.  Thanks for the feedback.

Janet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janet

I would still challenge the business requirement.

Generally we don´t bring the cost factor into APO because you would like to planning and not constraint them with budget. You could always bring the information in Reporting to valuation of stock.

But if you still want, I would not prefer play around with CIF as we don´t have real time cost valuation.

You can use the BW extraction process to extract the Cost information once a day to make it at least easy and robust development.

Please let us know if this information helps you.

Thanks

Amol