cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block a particular sales employee for sales order..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

In my current org there is a requirement that a particular employee code should not be used at the time of creating sales order ..But the code will be used for other activities .

Please suggest on this we are creating employee vendor for this .

regards

Soumya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would you elaborate on what exactly is the business case? What would this achieve?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena /Lakshmipathi

Thanks for your reply , Now i am elaborating the situation :-

1) When ever sales order is created user need to input sales employee (VE) in to the sales order header level .Refer Screen shot 1

2) Sales Employee actually created through XK01 as vendor employee and particular personnel number of HCM module is assigned to this .(Refer Screen shot 2)

1)screen shot 1

2) screen shot 2

This has done for capturing Target vs achievement of an particular employee .

Now the problem is , some times users are assigning higher management employee code wrongly in sales order which is impacting on target vs achievement platform .

Now i need to block this particular employee code to be entered at the time of creation of Sales

Order .but for any other activity apart form sales order creation this code should be active .

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Soumyadipta

Former Member
0 Kudos

In IMG - SD - BF - Partner Determination - Set up partner Determination -  Set Up Partner Determination for Customer Master put the tick not modifiable, if it required you can make mandatory as well.

In end user side maintain the sales employee in customer master data - XD02 - sales area data - partner functions - Enter sales employee code in partner function then save the master data,

now when ever you create sales order automatically system will copy the sales employee code from Customer master data to Sales order and system will not allow user to change sales employee in sales order manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please go through my elaborate problem once.I am Creating employee vendor with XK01 and not on XDO2 .

please help .

Regards

Soumyadipta

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am confused.. aren't you supposed to populate the employee number of the sales order creator, so that you can track the business developer/order entry clerk achievement?

Or this is because you use have some mobile solution and the creator appears as a system user?

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can block the vendor Code in MK05 . But it will not have any impact on your Sales Side,

Discuss with your HR consultant to block the Personnel number for Sales functions.

Regards,

SRK

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now the problem is , some times users are assigning higher management employee code wrongly in sales order which is impacting on target vs achievement platform .

To be honest, this rather seems like a training issue or just a plain "you can't fix stupid" case. What would prevent such users from entering a wrong sales rep from the "allowed" category? Or even any wrong data in the sales order? Either hire more intelligent people or make this "error proof" through assigning partners in the customer master (or via a user exit) instead of relying on the users to enter the correct data.

I'd also look into why this somehow irreversibly affects the mysterious "target vs achievement platform". It seems a rather bad design if it cannot handle a simple error correction. There should be tools there as well to fix the data.

I worked at a company where sales reps were on commission (and it was a major part, of course, because everyone wants to get paid fairly) but do not recall any such requirements.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean to say, that employee code is one of the partner functions assigned in customer master and it should not reflect in VA01 but can reflect in VA02?  If so, you have to try with MV45AFZZ

G. Lakshmipathi