Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad performance in J1BTAX migration for NF-e Brazil

former_member242433
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi SCN,

on Jan. 11th we moved the actual NF-e package into production without having run the complete J1BTAX exceptions Tax Groups to conditions migration.

Why did we do this? When running the migration we faced huge runtime issues for the sum of 590.000 relevant table entries in J_1BTXIC3.

At last, we had a processing time of 2,2 seconds per entry in our production systems which is terrible. So for the Moment, our Brazil sales org. is working via a workaround.

May I ask the community for their experience with the different possibilities for the migration provided by SAP?

What was your runtime? Which sequence did you follow for migration (e.g. run the consistency check etc.)..

Which problems popped up?

Thanks for any response!

best regards

Benjamin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Benjamin,

J1BTAX migration works in the following manner for ICMS exemptions:

For each line on J_1BTXIC3 the system can create up to 5 lines on table A382, from each line created on table A382 one line will be created on table KONH and from each line on KONH one line will be created on KONP.

When you have many records on the ICMS Exemptions it is normal to have a huge process time on the report. To help with that, it is possible to run in background the program: J_1B_GEN_TAX_COND_BACK

In this program you will need to specify the name of your table (J_1BTXIC3 on your example I suppose), and the name of the Tax Group, which can vary from 10 to 89.

I hope I have helped with this.

Regards,

Daniel Zambrini

former_member242433
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

thank you for the detailed explanation what the report does and how it can be used in Background.
But I'm not sure you understood my question correctly - I need some information from SAP customers that have used the J1BTAX migration or background program for migration of tax groups.

And if they have used it - how was the runtime per table entry for migrating it to A382 / KONx tables.
We're facing a huge runtime because of massive overhead that is executed for each table entry.
Maybe you can post some experiences with the tools.

best regards

Benjamin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

Unfortunately I don`t have these statistics to share right now!

As soon as I get this data (runtime per table entry) I will post it.

Regards,

Daniel Zambrini

former_member242433
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Any update on this? We just upgraded to EhP7 and did some other improvements and we might need to migrate some entries again - so 3rd party performance infos would be fine. Regards Benjamin

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This query is not related to sales and hence moved from SAP ERP SD Billing to Security

former_member242433
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Why is this question related to Security? It has nothing to do with SAP security.

It's linked to SAP ERP SD because it is about migrating taxes to conditions.

Please do not move it again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moved back to ERP SD...  🙂