cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import failed because of business system transfer of object Communication Component | BS_XXX_XXX: Obligatory transport target for business system BS_XXX_XXX not found in System Landscape Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We are trying to import objects from dev PI to Quality PI and we are getting below error.

Import failed because of business system transfer of object Communication Component | BS_XXX_XXX: Obligatory transport target for business system BS_XXX_XXX not found in System Landscape Directory
See error logs for details

I am able to assign business system in Quality but when I am trying to import one CS. I am getting the above error. This is the first time we are moving objects to Quality.  I need to guide basis team for it and need inputs to solve this error. according to basis team they have done the SLD configuration in Dev and quality. the have made the central SLD in Dev and local SLD in quality. this is the first time basis guy is looking at PI basis( he is new in PI basis). 

is there anything we need to do from PI side? is there anything i can suggest to basis guy. Please put some light on it. Please see the attachment. According to basis guy, All components of Dev and QA are registered and connected to SLD.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

brenm1989
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

in our case it was "special". It occured although

1. Transport in SLD were maintained correctly

2. SLD Cache was cleared.

But in our Business Scenario we had two different Business Systems ("A" & "B") pointing at the same Business System "C" . As the target Bus. Scenario had just "C", the transport failed.

Business System transport is just

1:n -Systems BUT NOT n:1.

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sherwin,

Agreed to Eng Swee.

Please check your SLD in both Dev and QA. There might be some mismatch in the transport target, due to which you are getting this error.

Also, try doing a cache refresh in case you made any changes in SLD recently.

Thanks,

Nidhi

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sherwin,

Please go through with Yeoh reply.

If you want to transport BC, it is not possible. for that we need to create manually BC in Quality.

If it is BS, we need to maintain transport groups in SLD as Yeoh suggested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Thanks for the reply.

It is a B S and target groups are maintained. One more point i would like to mention here is that we are using File transfer transport. Please let me know if i need to use CTS or other way to transport.

Thanks,

Sherwin

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sherwin,

Try with CTS once.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The import issue is independent of whether you are using File or CTS.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sherwin,

Clear SLD Data Cache in Integration directory and re-import the transport.

Regards,

Praveen.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sherwin

You need to define the transport targets in the target SLD (in your case Quality system's SLD). Refer to the blog below.

For example, if you have BS_DEV_100 representing ECC Dev client 100 in Dev environment, and the corresponding ECC system in Quality environment is BS_QAS_200, you need to define that BS_DEV_100's transport target in Quality environment is BS_QAS_200.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Eng Swee,

Thanks for the reply. Yes we have maintained transport targets as well. we are able to see that in quality as well.

Thanks,

Sherwin

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

please paste your SLD screen shot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Attaching Screenshots.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the error you are getting for this BS_DIH_000 system?

What about the other Business System in the scenario? Is the transport target also configured for that system in Quality SLD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting error for DSH system. The configuration of DSH/DHC/DIH and quality systems are same. transport groups are maintained there as well.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mentioned that there is a central SLD in Dev and local SLD in quality. Can you confirm that these transport target/groups are maintained in the local SLD in quality.

Can you also verify that the correct SLD is used in quality system? If you are on dual stack, easiest way is to execute SLDCHECK and verify the URL.

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just confirm me , is It Third party BS right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

WE are using Single Stack. transport groups are maintained in quality as well. I have attached screenshot in one of my reply. Please let me know how to check  if the correct SLD is used in quality system.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BS is for ECC and SRM system. we don't have any third party.

Thanks

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For single stack, check in NWA

NWA > Configuration > Infrastructure > SLD Data Supplier Configuration

To see where this is configured, you can click the button "here" at the top right for more info. Basically, it is related to two HTTP destinations configured in NWA > Configuration > Infrastructure > Destinations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sherwin, I see something Strange here, I cannot see a client number in your screenshots for the business systems where you maintained the transport targets. Can you cross check your business systems once , both DIH and QIH ?

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sherwin,

As harish mentioned please check it once.

Thats y I have asked u like whether it is Third Party BS or Not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DIH and QIH are PI systems and I think we don't need client systems for that. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Sherwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am asking basis guy to check and I will update with the findings. Thank you so much

Regards,

Sherwin