cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Block stock if 999 happens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there any configuration which makes the 999 stock to be 'S' Blocked Automatically?

My intention is to - if picker picks the variance in the bin location and 999 has been created automatically by default - so stock should be blocked by 'S' automatically as well.

At this moment, picker is picking the variance and the 999 is creating and out audit team is taking time to check the stock instantly, so the regular order is creating and creating more 999. Though our Audit team blocks the stock anyway - but couldn't able to do instantly.

Hence, if system can block the stock immediately then out audit team can check the 999 blocked stock in their comfort.

I need to know - does it possible from SAP configuration level?

Regards

Farhad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farhad,

I agree to what Jurgen has said. But could you detail out scenario, what do you exactly mean by 'picker is picking variance'?

BR

Kamlakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean to say

When picker goes to the physical location, he gets that physically 6 qty while the picking qty was 10. Then he confirm the TO with 6 qty and 4 qty goes to difference field which resultant 999 for 4 qty.

From system point of view the stock of 4 qty is still in the W/H, so the order can be created by customer. But actually the stock is not there. So our Inventory Audit team goes for cycle count the part and decide the 999 should go back to the location or adjust out.

For this auditing takes times for 2 days, by this time lot of other order appears to the system for that the stock of 4 qty. I want to stop that. I want the stock to be automatically block when it goes to 999.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This happens in warehouse because of many reasons, but should not happen frequently and if it is happening very frequently then you need to understand the root cause to get rid of this instead of looking for blocking material in 999 storage type.

You also talked about customer places order as 4pc are still available from system point of view, so blocking material in 999 will not solve your purpose, as in sale order or in delivery stock check happens at plant level and not at WH level. So you may have to do it in both IM and WM. But I repeat it again, this may not be approach to get rid of problem, you need to think about long term perspective.

In standard there is no way to put all stock in 999 to block.

BR

Kamlakar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If stock is not found while picking, then you have a quantity problem but not a quality problem.

Why should stock which is not there be parked as blocked stock?

I know this is common request from warehouse people, they aim to hide stock differences until the very last minute (the annual inventory) in the hope they will find this material during the year in another bin. I rarely saw this happen, the differences are usually from wrong receipts and issues. In a normal warehouse you rarely find that goods are moved (rearranged) from bin to bin, the usual movements are coming in and going out.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no standard SAP functionality to automatically post the stock to "S"

you need to initiate the Posting change activity in the background if you want to achieve the same however this will impact the IM stock also as the same quantity will get moved to blocked stock in WM as well as IM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please give me details about the statement

"this will impact the IM stock also as the same quantity will get moved to blocked stock in WM as well as IM"

Generally we are doing this practice manually for each of the 999 stock. I was expecting the same to be done automatically as soon as it occurs.

When our Audit team investigate each line then they unblock the stock and work on that (either write off or put it back to normal available stock).

We block the stock so that no one create any delivery order (or any Sales order) for that stock because it is creating more job for our Auditing team as well as customer gets frustrated that they are not getting the stock even if the stock is visible in the SOH.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We block the stock so that no one create any delivery order ---If your aim is to block the delivery creation then you need to move the stock from unrestricted to Block in Inventory Management as at the time of delivery order creation system check the stock in IM first And as a standard Warehouse practice at any point of time IM stock should match with WM stock hence if you are transferring the stock from unrestricted to Block then same activity needs to be carry forward in WM or vice varsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

The way we do now is

Go to Tcode  MIGO

Select A08 Transfer Posting

R10 Other

Insert correct TR Code = 344 used for Unrestricted Stock to Blocked

Then use LU04 to create the TO

Do you think the above process has any demerits?

I want this to be done automatically when the stock goes to 999.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The above process which you mentioned is to block the stock in Inventory management. So using this you first initiate the process in IM (MIGO) and then into WM (LT04),

Now if you want to automate this then that activity should be separate from the TO confirmation and you need to look the opportunity to use T-Code LQ02 as a background job which will initiate the  activity in WM first and then Inventory management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

I am actually new in SAP WM. Please give me more detail if possible. Do you have any link which I can follow as a step by step to process this?