cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access WebI report chart data in CSV through Restful web service call?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to access WebI report chart data in CSV through Restful web service call but i am get only the following message in SOAP UI project

E.g:- In SOAP UI

request url : http://BI_HOST:6405/biprws/raylight/v1/documents/5193/reports/2

Header                              value

accept                               test/csv

X-SAP-LogonToken            logon token value.

O/P:-

<data contentType="text/csv" contentLength="4"><![CDATA[

]]></data>

can anyone help how to get webi report chart data through the restful webservice call.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eric_festinger
Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

You should use "text/csv" instead of "test/csv".

eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply, i am using "text/csv" only, while posting i did mistake "test/csv", even if i use "text/csv" also i am getting same output like:

<data contentType="text/csv" contentLength="4"><![CDATA[

]]></data>

eric_festinger
Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have an issue only while exporting a WebI report to CSV, or with any other /biprws/... call?

eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi eric,

I don't have problem while exporting a WebI report to CSV if report is in tabular form but i have a problem only when exporting a WebI report chart data (E.g:- If webi report is Pie chart) to CSV.

eric_festinger
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

I just reproduced what you wrote... and this is not Web Intelligence RESTful specific. I mean that you have the same behavior with BI LaunchPad. I can try to gather more information on this.

As a workaround, may I ask what you want to do? Get the data of the chart?

Regards,

eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

We are accessing WebI Report through the restful webservice and converting into Lumira Report, while converting if report has chart we are getting issue. I am uploading the Images file. please find the below attachments.

Regards

Akkem Sreenivasulu

eric_festinger
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

I had confirmation that, as of today, exporting a chart to CSV is not supported, i.e. does not give any data. But as I wrote, this is not RESTful specific.

However, as it seems you are interested in gathering the data from the chart (or the table, etc.), may I suggest you to use the dataset call ?

GET [application/xml or application/json] .../documents/{docId}/reports/{reportId}/elements/{elementId}/dataset

eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your response. One small clarification. My Requirement to access WebI Report data and Convert into Lumira Report while doing this if report has chart we are not able to access data from chart. Is there any restful call to retrieve (access) chart data.

Regards,

Akkem Sreenivasulu.

eric_festinger
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi again,

That's the purpose of the 'dataset' call I mentioned earlier:

GET [application/xml or application/json] .../documents/{docId}/reports/{reportId}/elements/{elementId}/dataset

eric

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it ok about the /dataset call Akkem?

Anyway, are you aware about the feature called "Custom Element" into Webi allowing to create your own visualization and embed them directly into Webi reports.

Best regards,

Anthony

Answers (0)