Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Is there any thing that we can do about itu0085

Hi,

Due to popularity of SDN many new person joining SDN to get solution to there problem immediately. That’s the greatness about SDN.

But I feel fresher to SDN should be properly guided before joining the forum. They don’t take any time to post query and later they never bother to come back to there thread where people take out time to help the owner of the post to resolve his/her issue.

There are few good people also who first try searching solution to there problem in the SDN but due to this unanswered/opened post they are really not sure if the solution given by the BW guru’s are right or wrong. They are left confused if different ppl have given different suggestion. And that leads to many duplication post.

We also have some good people who come back to there post and try assigning points and close the post by assigning full points. Thanks to them. But then here also they don’t assign the points to the right reply. For example one of the person answers to a post and that post have multiple reply of the same person. In that case owner of the post assign full points to either his/her first reply or last reply which is not the relevant answer to the question. This makes difficult to understand which was the right reply.

All these activities make me loose my interest in taking part in SDN forum. I’m not sure if it is the same case with others also. I’m a great fan of SDN and I don’t want loose interest, instead want to keep growing with SDN.

I know SDN team keep trying hard to bring out solution to improve rewarding points system. Recently I have noticed that owner of the post also get 1 point for giving point. That’s a great idea. But there should also be a system where owner of the post should be made sure to close there post either by assigning full points to the right answer or after certain period of time owner can reply saying that my issue is still not answered and close the post with this point. Or else can leave it open by just updating the post saying that issue still not resolved. In this new system of gaining 1 point by rewarding points can be enhanced, by deducting that 1 point incase owner don’t close the post or update the post after certain period of time. Or else SDN can assign an additional 1 more point to the owner if he/his close the post or update the post.

SDN team I would like to know your suggestion on this also would like to know views of other SDN members also.

Regards

Rohini

(I’m sorry for being long )

Former Member
replied

And believe us when we say that our moderators, internal and external are very much engaged in the business of behavior modificaton and training of participants. It is amazing that our volunteer moderators of areas such as ABAP and BI are able to help manage forums with enormous volumes everyday and still be prolific and contributing themselves.

That's an unbelievably good model. Not only do they steer people in the right direction, but they also provide knowledge, answers, insight.

Sure, its imperfect when you have a million posts a month and many of the moderators are challenged to work with clutter, gamers, and noise, but even given the increased workload, they seem to be managing, else, I promise you, the amounts of daily messages would be slowing down to a trickle. The volume is also proof of the value people find and I think the moderators are constantly checking themselves and looking for ways to improve the efficiency of their interactions with the community (or at least that is my impression from those I engage with.)

Marilyn

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question