cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new field to Multi Source JCO Connection Universe Results in Poor Report Performance

JYOUSAF
Participant
0 Kudos

I had to bring in a new field to a multi-source universe based on JCO connection. Universe is pulling data from multiple sources in BW.   I had to bring in a new text field and join it with the Info-provider table for a requirement.  The new text field was joined via a left outer-join to the I- table.  I can query the data within IDT and it looks fine. However, this change has resulted in extremely poor performance for the webi that is based on this universe.  Report now takes upward of 30 minutes to return a small subset of results.   For the same criteria, it used to take about 2 minutes before the change.  I have tried a few things such as, creating an inner join instead of left outer join, changing cardinality, setting a primary key on the T- table but nothing seem to improve the performance.  

Does anyone have an idea as to what might be the root cause behind the degradation of performance?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While running the report open the Data Federation Admin tool  and see the query behaviour.

Check with text object and without text object.how many records are fetching in both cases.

Amit