cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on registering a service on SEGW - Function module "/IWFND/FM_ACTIVATE_SERVICE" not found.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am facing a problem trying to register a service on SEGW. I appreciate very much any kind of help.

I have an ABAP server for Netweaver Gateway (dgw.multipla.local - 00 - DGW) and another ABAP server (192.168.1.214 - 00 - DVR), that is the SAP ERP.

So I have a RFC function in my ERP server: ZCO_FIORI_RESULTS_OBRA

So I did the configurations of this guide: Step-by-step guide to build an OData Service based on RFCs – Part 1

But I still facing error messages as you can see :

If you click on button Register:

So, those are the error messages:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have an ABAP server for Netweaver Gateway (dgw.multipla.local - 00 - DGW) and another ABAP server (192.168.1.214 - 00 - DVR), that is the SAP ERP.

From your comment I believe you are using deployment option 2 as mentioned in

My current suggestions are based on this assumption.

This means your Gateway server and Service Development environment(where you execute SEGW) is just the same system , which is DGW in this case. That means you need to configure a local Gateway server.

You can do the configuration from SPRO->SAP NetWeaver->SAP Gateway Service Enablement -> Backend OData Channel ->Connection Settings to SAP Gateway->SAP Gateway Settings .

A sample config may look like

Destination system: LOCAL_DGW

CLient: <CLIENT NO>

System Alias: DGW_CLIENT_NO

RFC Dest: NONE

As per current configuration, using Service Builder you are trying to register a service in the ERP system(DVR). This is not correct, because your ERP system is not a Gateway system. That is the reason you get the error message,because the function module exists only in the Gateway Server system.

Regards

atanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atanu Mallik, thank you very much.

Yes, this is that option 2. I changed the configuration here like you said.

But my RFC I created just in the DVR server, do I have to create it in DGW system ?

I still don´t know how to connect everything.

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To understand it better, there are two RFC s in the context of Gateway.

RFC 1:  You need the first RFC to identify the Gateway Server from the SEGW. This is what you have done so far. This is to be used in the context of SEGW for Service registration. This RFC does not play any role when you actually call the OData service.

RFC 2: This is the RFC which comes into picture when you actually call the OData service. You need to setup a system alias using the RFC that points to your ERP system.This is a crucial configuration. Every time you call the OData service gateway framework uses the system alias to identify which system it should look for (in your case DVR) for the correct data.

You can read about the second RFC and System alias config here

However, in SEGW when you click on the register button, a small popup comes up and asks for the SYSTEM ALIAS to be entered. Exactly here you need to enter the system alias which uses RFC 2.

So, the flow is like this..

1.     On clicking REGISTER, SEGW calls remote FM /IWFND/FM_ACTIVATE_SERVICE using RFC1.

2.  FM    /IWFND/FM_ACTIVATE_SERVICE now asks for the System Alias that uses RFC 2.

Hope this clears your doubt

Answers (0)