Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create plugs in WebDynpro windows

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody!

Currently, I'm trying to reuse a view from one WebDynpro component in another WebDynpro Component (same DC) using a separate window and an InterfaceView. Whenever I want to create a plug in the new window (by clicking the "+" icon in the window's properties tab unter "Plugs"), I get an NWDS runtime error "java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the Method com.sap.die.metamodel.webdynpro.component.Controller.Controller.getContext() of a null object loaded from field com.sap.die.webdynpro.controllereditor.eventhandlers.EventHandlerSubObjectData.mController of an object loaded from local variable 'this'" in the moment I click on the "Plugs" tab.

Stack Trace is

java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.ide.metamodel.webdynpro.component.controller.Controller.getEventHandlers() of a null object loaded from field com.sap.ide.webdynpro.controllereditor.eventhandlers.EventHandlerSubObjectData.mController of an object loaded from local variable 'this'

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.controllereditor.eventhandlers.EventHandlerSubObjectData.getEventHandlerNames(EventHandlerSubObjectData.java:60)

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.ui.tabbedproperties.subsections.controller.ControllerPlugsSubSection.populateEventHandlers(ControllerPlugsSubSection.java:998)

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.ui.tabbedproperties.subsections.controller.ControllerPlugsSubSection.initTreeViewer(ControllerPlugsSubSection.java:242)

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.ui.tabbedproperties.subsections.controller.ControllerPlugsSubSection.updateData(ControllerPlugsSubSection.java:221)

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.ui.tabbedproperties.sections.ControllerPlugsSection.initPropertySectionData(ControllerPlugsSection.java:38)

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.ui.tabbedproperties.sections.AbstractWDPropertySection.setInput(AbstractWDPropertySection.java:73)

at org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.TabContents$5.run(TabContents.java:181)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:888)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:48)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)

at org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.TabContents.setInput(TabContents.java:184)

at org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.TabbedPropertySheetPage$SelectionChangedListener.selectionChanged(TabbedPropertySheetPage.java:212)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.Viewer$2.run(Viewer.java:162)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:888)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:48)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.Viewer.fireSelectionChanged(Viewer.java:160)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.updateSelection(StructuredViewer.java:2132)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleSelect(StructuredViewer.java:1160)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$4.widgetSelected(StructuredViewer.java:1190)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireSelectionEvent(OpenStrategy.java:228)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$4(OpenStrategy.java:222)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:389)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1027)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1012)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:770)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.views.properties.tabbed.view.TabbedPropertyList.select(TabbedPropertyList.java:664)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.views.properties.tabbed.view.TabbedPropertyList$2.mouseUp(TabbedPropertyList.java:156)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:207)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3910)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3503)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)

Since I was using NWDS 7.3 EHP 1 SP08 PAT0000, I tried switching to the newest version that corresponds with our web AS/portal version (NWDS 7.3 EHP 1 SP16 PAT0008). In that version, there are no properties for a web dynpro window at all!

So how can I manage to create a plug in a window that can be linked to the Interface View the window is embedded in and to the view that is embedded into the window ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NWDS 7.3 EHP 1 SP08 PAT0000

I am using the same, no issue for me.

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your hint; so does anyone have any idea what might be causing this behaviour in SP08 PAT 0000 ?

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

O.k., this hint helped me to make it work...

My webdynpro components were created with the old 7.0 (2004) metamodel and had not been migrated to the new (7.1 upward) webdynpro metamodel. After migrating these components to the new metamodel, the runtime error on NWDS 7.31 SP08 PAT 0000 does no longer occur and in NWDS 7.31 SP 16 PAT0008 the window properties are displayed correctly, so I was able to create the plugs as desired.

Thanks a lot

Michael

Answers (0)