Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Receiver Fault Message coming as an attachment

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody!

I'm developing an ABAP Proxy -> SOAP (1.2) scenario. I've read many posts and blogs about calling a SOAP 1.2 Ws and I modified the envelope via Java Mapping with help of this document:

How To Use SOAP 1.1 1.2 and HTTP POST for Web Services Integration

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29829

Calling the request I could make the same call as the SoapUI tool, and the response is also the same (a Fault message because the WS it's still not operative). The problem is that the fault response is coming back as an attachment. I realized that because of the ABAP Moni error that is "Runtime exception occurred during application mapping ... com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException:Premature end of file".

Searching again amongst many threads I still couldn't find the solution. Some information the clear a little more this post:

- I'm using the Java Mapping suggested in the post to convert the SOAP 1.2 Envelope in the request.

- In the response message, a JM to remove the Envelope.

- In the SOAP Receiver the "Do Not Use SOAP Envelope" is ticked.

And also, I'm attaching 3 screenshots to show that the fault response is coming back as an attachment in the RWB and ABAP Moni and the module tab configuration.

Thank you in advance!

Juan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan!

Did you solve this problem?

Now I have the same situation: I receive SOAP Fault message as attachment instead of payload. I tried to use fault message types and mapping but still no luck.

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Evgeniy,

I didn't solve the problem I posted.

The WS providers changed the protocol to SOAP 1.1 and the WS was called normally.

Regards,

Juan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

The faulty response is coming as an attachment, because you have not maintained any service interface for faulty message while creation of service interface in ESR.

Therefore, since there is no service interface for faulty message hence PI is picking it up as an attachment.

Regards,

Souvik

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Souvik,

I also thought about that possibility, but in this thread:

After the correct answer, (Gil Ritter) says he can see the SOAP Fault as a Payload and that's why I'm not sure about your idea (I guess he defined a Fault Service Interface after posting)

Thanks,

Juan.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

I guess your trying to convert attachement using Beans?

If yes try selecting Keep attachments in the Soap channel and check once.

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman, thanks for your response.

I'm not trying to convert attachments. The problem is why PI is taking as an attachment the WS Fault Response. The same fault response via Soap UI isn't seen as an attachment.

Regards,

Juan.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

Got it,But I guess your response is not coming as attachement,Can you open the message and check if the output is coming as attachement.

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

If you see the 3 screenshots I added in the original post, you can see that in the RWB (AE) the Fault Response is seen as an attachment (and I can open and visualize it) but in the Integration Engine doesn't arrive as payload nor attachment.

Regards,

Juan.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Juan try adding this below module for Soap Key and check once

XMBWS.NoSOAPIgnoreStatusCode = true

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu, I already set that parameter (you can see it in the screenshot in my first message).

Thanks,

Juan.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh ya ..My bad..

When the fault response is coming in SOAP UI it should be the same in PI.

Let me check if any other setting is required and come back to you.