cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems when DEP Enrollment fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have found a problem, when the DEP Enrollment fails... in our case, the CA was hanging during the rollout.

So after entering the Domain Credentials during Enrollment, there was a Message like "The SECP Server returned an invalid response". Then we have restart the CA and test the enrollment with a second device... this was working perfekt...

So we try to enroll the frist device again... but there will only show a Message "The SCEP Server configuration ist not supported"....

There was no way to rollout the device over DEP in Afaria.

After several failed attampts we have reinstall iOS on the Device (via iTunes) and start the Rollout from Beginning... and now it works...

After a few day's we have the same Problem with the CA during Enrollment... and also the devices that fails for Enrollment must be resetet by a new install of iOS via iTunes...

So i will ask if there is another solutions to restart a failed DEP Enrollment... or is this a limitation from Apple?

Regards

Gianni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gianni,

If profile installation fails due to SCEP or any other cert - i.e SSL related issues then iOS restore/reinstall requires. This is due to that the DEP device already has the connection/seeding information and correcting something on the backend, meaning on the server side won't correct the seeding information that DEP device already retrieved it.

I would recommend to investigate how CA server gets in the state where restart requires every few days.

Thank you,
Sejal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sejal

Thank you for your message... so this is working as designed 🙂 I will check our CA to solve the problems with failed SCEP Requests.

Answers (0)