cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ViZFrame getVizproperties browser compatibility issue

0 Kudos

Hi,

With new Chrome Version 48.0.2564.82 m I have the following error when calling VizFrame.getVizProperties():

Uncaught TypeError: this.getTransformToElement is not a function(…)

I tested with previous Chrome version (47....) and it is Ok.

Is there a new version of VizFrame that solves this issue for latest Chrome browser versions?

Thank you,

D.E.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pavelduchac
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitris,

We faced the same issue.

The reason for the removal in newest version is described here:

SVG Working Group Teleconference -- 24 Aug 2015

JointJS Team posted this polyfill:

SVGElement.prototype.getTransformToElement = SVGElement.prototype.getTransformToElement || function(elem) { return elem.getScreenCTM().inverse().multiply(this.getScreenCTM()); }; 

Place this code into your 'onInit' function of the 'Main' controller.

Cheers,

Pavel

0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for your answer.

Regards,

Dimitris

vicenteveiga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

Is this a permanent or a temporary fix?

I've added the code line you suggested in my onInit() controller function and it fixed the issue in google chrome browser

Now, when I check the google chrome dev console I get the following warnings:

SVG's SMIL animations (<animate>, <set>, etc.) are deprecated and will be removed. Please use CSS animations or Web animations instead.

'SVGElement.offsetHeight' is deprecated and will be removed in M50, around April 2016. See https://www.chromestatus.com/features/5724912467574784 for more details.

'SVGElement.offsetWidth' is deprecated and will be removed in M50, around April 2016. See https://www.chromestatus.com/features/5724912467574784 for more details.

I'm using VizFrame column chart with custom popover like in this demo: https://sapui5.netweaver.ondemand.com/sdk/explored.html#/sample/sap.viz.sample.CustomPopover/preview

Does anyone know any permanent fix for this issue?

Regards,

Vicente

Momen_Allouh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

After many hours wasted to solve the legend show hide and many other issues, I found your solution and it works.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pavel, solution still working while working with older UI5 library.

0 Kudos

Thanks Pavel Duchac.

Its working

former_member187007
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Varun, this works very well for me, I had to paste the code you mentioned about SVG.....

Best regards.

Jhon Jairo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

Our Chrome 48 (SVGElement) issue got resolved with the latest patch 1.28.29. Like peter informed , the issue got resolved with SAPUI5 version 1.28.29 and 1.32.11.

Thanks and regards,

Varun

pmuessig
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

a fixed version of UI5 has been uploaded:

https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/1.32.11

Please use this concrete version (1.32.11) for now in your applications.

Best regards,

Peter

vicenteveiga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thank you for sharing this info with us.

At this moment, the one of our costumers that's using vizFrame UI5 component, is still with 1.28.25 version which was the latest version possible using SAP_UI 740 SP14.

Since it's required to upgrade to SAP_UI 750 to be able to get the latest version of SAPUI5, can you explain what's the associated effort of that upgrade and what is the impact in the existing Fiori apps?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Vicente

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I am using lumira server (which uses the SAP UI5 version coming with HANA). I have this issue with the pie charts if the data labels are visible. But I upgraded to HANA containing 1.28.29 and the issue is still there. Is the fix contained also in that version or only in 1.32.11?

Best regards,

Nikolay

Nikolay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I also faced the same issue and i pasted SVGElement script in the onInit function of main conroled. I could see that still few things are not working as follows:

1) Show full screen on focus out collapses

2) Few of my graph lke combination graph not rendering properly.

Chome Console shows :

Couldn't rerender '__xmlview5--MeterReadingHistoryTable', as its DOM location couldn't be determined -  sap.ui.Rendering

Problems while restore focus after rendering: TypeError: Cannot read property 'restoreFocus' of undefined -  [object Object]

If you have faced these issue. Please guide us.

Thanks ,

Varun

mantrishekar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

I also faced the same issue and with your solution am able to solve my issue.

But here i have a question for you

1) Why this issue occured?

2)If i place the code in init method of controller is it going to break the other code any where in my project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy Pavel,

you saved my day - Thanks for sharing your solution.

Kind regards,

Michael