cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Changes in Test Phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have got a 4-system ECC landscape and I am setting up ChaRM for the same - Dev -> Quality -> Pre-Prod -> Prod.

The Integration Testing is done in Quality System in the Maintenance Cycle phase - 'Test'. I am not sure if in Test Phase, whether we will be able to move the changes to Pre-Prod system.

Please let me know if it is possible to move changes in my Pre-Prod system in Test Phase or not.

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,

Neeti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neeti

You can use the urgent changes and defect corrections for same through which transport can be moved.

However the standard functionality of normal changes does not provide you this functionality.

Maintenance cycle can be configured for this, but it is not recommended way of doing changes.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

Thanks for your response!

My question here is for Normal Changes. I need to move my Normal Change Documents to Pre-Prod system and then to Prod System. But if the Maintenance Cycle Phase is Test, then can I move forward my documents to Pre-prod. Currently, all my NC documents are in Quality system for SIT in Test Phase.

So basically, the SIT and UAT happens in Quality system in Test Phase, and Pre-prod is used for other load testings, etc. So I need to move forward my Normal Changes to Pre-Prod and then to Prod.

Do you mean that in Test Phase, we can not perform any imports to the follow-on systems too?

The help.sap document mentions the following for the Test Phase. It does not mention anything about import in follow-on systems-

Thanks and Regards,

Neeti

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neeti

Sorry just overlooked your query.

Yes you can do from the task list, schedule the import job is the step for pre prod systems.

You can perform for normal changes.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishav!

It will help.

Regards,

Neeti

Answers (0)