Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI for Java 7.40 rev 6 Parameter Pass

dfg1988
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All

I just download the SAP GUI for Java 7.40 rev 6.

I used to save the connection with automatic logon for example: with automatic logon (user = guest, password, secret) and a start transaction (BIBS) in the old one SAP GUI for Java 7.30 rev 9.

conn=/H/iwdf8997.wdf.sap-ag.de/S/3200&user=guest&pass=secret&tran=BIBS

In the New version all the connections are missing the string "pass", even though I modify and insert the parameter manually.

I'm using MAC OS  El Capitan 10.11.1

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

• SAP Managed Tags:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are no longer allowed to persist passwords or to use passwords persisted before in the configuration of SAP GUI for Java. This is for security reasons.

Only when launching SAP GUI for Java from command line and providing the pass parameter (then you are typing it, and it does not come from some file) is supported. Latter is the reason, why it is still listed in the documentation of the connection data.

If you do not want to deal with passwords, please use SSO.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

• SAP Managed Tags:
4 REPLIES 4

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are no longer allowed to persist passwords or to use passwords persisted before in the configuration of SAP GUI for Java. This is for security reasons.

Only when launching SAP GUI for Java from command line and providing the pass parameter (then you are typing it, and it does not come from some file) is supported. Latter is the reason, why it is still listed in the documentation of the connection data.

If you do not want to deal with passwords, please use SSO.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

• SAP Managed Tags:

dfg1988
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Ralf for the fast reply.

• SAP Managed Tags:

Former Member
0 Kudos

where did you find it

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Sorry I didn't  understand. do you  mean the SAP gui?

• SAP Managed Tags: