cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating New Planning Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have added a new attribute called LVL1 in Product MDT which contains data at a level higher than that of Product ID and have included this in my PA.

Now, I want to create a new Planning Level called PERLVL1.

Please suggest how should this new Planning Level be configured such that, this Level becomes the Parent of PERPROD.

PA in use is a copy of Standard SAP4.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Saabitri

You can make attribute LVL1 as root in the planning level PERLVL1 and exclude the Product ID from the planning level.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

yes as Parveen sais. But additionally in order that calculations do work between the different planning levels, you must m,ake sure to include the new attribute into your planning level PERPROD as well.

So what I would do is:

1) Include new attribute to PERPROD

2) Copy PERPROD to new name and remove PRDID

3) Make sure to remove all other attributes from the new planning level that are "below" your new attribute. Example: the Product would be a telefone. YOur new attribute would be the type, e.g. mobile or classic. Than if the product had another attribute "color" you would need to exclude that from the new planning level, as the color is not related to the product type, esle you will get data inconsistencies sooner or later

Enjoy

Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen/irmi for the suggestion.

In that case I have to attach LVL1 as root to all the children of PERPROD as well, right?

Regards,

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

not as root as I understand that LVL1 is higher level than the product, but as attribute to PERPROD