cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How execute TDC with external variants in CBTA

0 Kudos

Actually i'm running a CBTA Configuration Test and i want to know how can i run it with a Data Container with external variants located in my pc.

Someone has a step by step guide or manual?

Tks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andres

You need to select the TDC from business blueprint or from the test configuration, from wherever you are executing the script then only it will work.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you execute the test configuration, on the Start Options screen select the variants tab - you can add the external file there.

0 Kudos

Hi,

We can add external file but only text files are allowed. It doesn't give me an option to add excel file as an external source. Also all the parameter values were not imported from notepad.

Have you been able to import values from External source?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use excel as the editor but then you need to save the file as text format.  You can then reference that file from the start screen, or import the variants into the TDC.

0 Kudos

Yes it works now. Thanks

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you checked the below link. Steps had been provided

Creating Test Data Containers in the Test Automation Framework - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

Further I hope you have created the TDC data structure accordingly. After that you can upload the data .

Please check  below document,

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/SAP%20Support%20Portal/support-programs-services/solutio...

Thanks

Rishav

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andres

Any updates?

Thanks

Rishav

0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

I was read the documents that you shared but i still can't to execute a Test Configuration with a TDC with external variants.

This is the Test Configuration:

This is the TDC:

When i execute the Test Configuration, it execute only with the default variants and  don't take the TDC.