cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display preference doesn't work as intended

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a model extension and stereotypes with custom shapes to apply to tables for different subject areas. However, these settings override any changes I want to make in display settings (inconsistently) in the individual diagrams. 

I have turned on and off 'Apply contents to symbols' and 'Allow users to make changes' in the extension (in many different combinations) but something seems to be overriding the stereotype custom symbols as well as specific diagram display settings. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

For a simple example, I have turned off the 'underline' of a PK column in just about every place I can find but it always gets reset to Ariel, underline. Where is this being set? It is not in the stereotype custom symbol or in the diagram settings. I assume there is some hierarchy of control that I don't understand...

Thanks for any help!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My guess is that you have a user profile being applied.  If you connect to a repository it may be set to apply the user profile automatically. which could and probably is over writing you display preferences.

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim, I believe you're right that it is a user profile but I do not connect to a repository. Where can I check which user profile is being used? I know that if more than one is applied it is cumulative, but I'm not sure how to determine which one(s) are being applied.

Thanks,

Debbie

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

qld_4000
Explorer
0 Kudos

Same thing here; VERY frustrating. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

former_member192453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie,

What version of PowerDesigner are you using?

Does this happen with a speciic model or any model? If a specific model, has it been upgraded from a previous version of PD? How many extended model definitions have been attached to the model?

I have only seen a similar problem when multiple XEM (or resource) files have been attached to a model and the XEMs have the same names for the extended attributes, stereotypes, etc.

In order to verify the issue, I needed to review both the model and the XEM file in an XML editor. I then checked that the Object in the model had the correct reference to the object in the XEM.

Anthony

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the Symbol Format dialogue for the custom symbol, have you checked 'Apply Font to Symbols'? That's the one you need to control underlining.

You've probably tried that already.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George, I did try that already. Thanks!