cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to uninstall newer version of IBP Excel Add-In, and install older version and VBA?

0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have run into a challenge with adding the Excel Add-in for IBP.  I have installed the newest version of the IBP Add-in, however when I try to make the connection from excel to IBP (after I enter in the connection information) I get an error message saying "You must install the newest version in order to make the connection".  So I went looking for a new version and could not find one.  I went onto the IBP web interface and clicked to the page to download the IBP add-in, and it directed me to the download manager, however there was no add-in to download, the add-in file did not exist. I spent hours and hours searching everywhere I could for the new add-in and could not find it.

I later learn that our system actually requires an older version of the add-in.  The details of the version of the add-in I supposedly need are below:

Is the the correct add-in?? 

My biggest problem is I now need to uninstall the newer version of the add-in and install the older version, and it says I must have Visual basic for applications inorder to use the old dd-in.  I installed visual basic, and I followed instructions to uninstall the add-in, I took it off excel and I deleted the file, and I removed it from the registry-key on my computer.  However when I go to install the older version, this message pops up:

What are the steps I must take to completely uninstall the add-in so I can download the older version, that I think should be compatible with our system??

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!  Please let me know if I am on the right track or where I can find the correct add-in for IBP.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor

Yeah, the message is misleading, it is the same for too old and too new unfortunately.

Good news is, that starting from IBP 4.0.1.2 (I think, cannot remember for sure) the AddIn is up and downward compatible: I can run with AddIn from IBP6 the backend releases IBP4, IBP5 and IBP6!

Best is to log on to WebUi and go to the Excel AddOn Download area, you are than

1) directed to the correct place

2) for Release 3 you find directly there teh PREREQUISITE - READ THEM!!!

From your screenshot, it looks as if you had the very old SOP 3 release, and not IBP 4 or IBP5 ??? That is quite unfortune as there the versions really must fit.

And hence you did not provide info about your backend release, no one can answer your question if you now picked the right AddOn-version

OSS notes 2236376 and 2109477 may help further, you'll find the correct download link depending on your Backend Release as well

For de-install, usually it is enough to run uninstall programs in "Programs and Features". I do that all the time, and I never had to whipe out manually any registry entries, not even in SOP 3.

In addition it may be worth checking you local temp file and cache folders (again, path dependend on your backend release and whether you installed on your machine only or for all user)

And you should only install SOP AddOn, and dont choose EPM AddIn. If you installed EPM in addition, you may need to de-install that as well

Yours

Irmi

0 Kudos

The version of IBP we have is IBP 4.0 Support Pack 2 Patch 3.  I have the add-in installed locally on my machine.  Which version of IBP do we need?? do I  have the correct version of IBP??

Thank you for your help!!

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recommended is to install the same version of excel add on as your IBP system is.

If you are not able to access market place, this note might be useful:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2109477

Regards

Alecsandra

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Ideally you should use the corresponding plugin matching to the IBP release. So you should have the plugin 4.0.2.3 too

But the plugin can connect to IBP 4.0.2.2 for downward compatibliity.

Regards.

YS