Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error connecting to repository

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to connect to our old repository where we have our tables and views. I am not able to connect to the repository(DEV and QA) and receiving the below error

MDM Version: SAP MDM 7.1 SP09

Repository Database: Oracle 11G R2

OS Version: Windows 7

Any help will be really appreciated and rewarded with points

Regards

Arun Sasi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try the resolution methods found on the following SAP Note:

#2132219 - Repository error: "invalid object state"

BR,

Carlos

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Carlos!!

I will ask the SAP BASIS team to follow the SAP Note which you provided and will keep you posted!!

I was able to create a new repository with the credentials provided by DBA Team, but I wonder why the old repository is corrupted.

Regards

Arun Sasi

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

In this case, usually unmounting then mouting the repository again will solve the issue.

Best Regards,

Carlos

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Our SAP BASIS Admin tried to unmount and then mount the repository but it was never ready to start.

Got the below error message

Attempt to remove connection from its connection source failed; the connection source for the connection is NULL. <Connection [0x0000000015967630], Socket [33], Remote IP: xxx.xxx.xx.xx, Remote Port: xxxx, Local Port: xxxxx, connection source [], Client IP  xxx.xxx.xx.xx, Client version ; connection is currently in Closing state>

Regards

Arun Sasi

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

This error seems to be unrelated.

Any chance of providing the full logfile so that I may check it?

BR,

Carlos

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Me and my BASIS team will troubleshoot the issue today evening. I will get back to you and keep you updated

Thanks for your help!!

Regards

Arun Sasi

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

The repository is now started and  running. Both repositories passwords were out of sync with database users.  There were 3 Users which share the same password . So if one the users is locked  it will bring down MDM.

1670714 - More Oracle users created for MDM / Repository stopped connecting to DBMS

Regards

Arun Sai

Answers (0)