cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance the ability of SAP Work Manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I want to extend the ability of SAP Work Manager.

In workaround process add action to read RFID (via NFC) of an equipment.

I tested work with NFC using next artice:

It works.

Now I want to add NFC reading in the "Production Resource  or Tools" page in the SAP Work Manager like this:

The RFID label will be placed on the Equipment.

Before enter Measuring point reading it must be checked the user is located on the correct equipment.

User press on the take reading button.

The program

- read RFID code from label

- comapre read code with code in the Characteristic of the Equipment.

- If the values are the same it open "Take reading" window else it Show error.

I exlpored Opjects in SAP Work Manager test enviroment and found the Work Manager read requaried Characteristic from SAP ERP.

Could somebody suggest how it is better to do it.

How to find button "Take reading" in the SAP Work Manager Eclpise project,

What part of the algorithm needs to be implemented in SAP Work Manager project and What in SAP Open UI Agentry Client project?

Now in AgentryAndroidClientSolution I have code to read RFID via NFC.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you implement the NFC reader according to the article or did you implement it as an Open Scan interface?

Since your RFID tag is at the Equipment level, are you just going to loop over all the points and take readings for each after validating the RFID tag matches?

If you just implemented as part of the article you will need an action to

1. Display a screen to show your RFID button
  2. Capture the scan value to a temp property
  3. Loop over your equipment collection looking for a match
  4. Conditionally display a message if no match is found
  5. Conditionally call the reading loop action if a match is found

This would all be Agentry except for the one field that is your RFID scan button.

If you implemented this as an Open Scan interface (and also stored the RFID tag in the equipment object) you could use the built in scan matching to then call the no match action to display the message or the match action to start the reading loop.  It would eliminate steps 1-3 as you would simply invoke the built in scan button to trigger the RFID reading and use the native scan event handing.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos
Did you implement the NFC reader according to the article or did you implement it as an Open Scan interface?

I implemented the NFC reader using the article.

Can you send a similar article where it is described how to implement NFC using Open Scan interface?

I want to compare implementions.

Since your RFID tag is at the Equipment level, are you just going to loop over all the points and take readings for each after validating the RFID tag matches?

I want to take RFID tag and compare it with tag of the current Equipment.

I want to substitute the code instead of the code that is called by the button.

performs the check and if Ok then all standart code of "Take reading" action.

Is it possible?

I can't find type and name of object in SAPMW project in the Eclipse to reconfigure actions.