cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning additional temporary limit to a particular customer along with its regular limit in FD32

0 Kudos

In FD32, we want to assign a temporary limit to a particular customer under specific credit control area for limited period.

For e.g: In FD32,

Customer= 100

Credit Control Area= CCA1

Credit Limit= 25000

Now I want to assign additional temporary credit limit of 50000 to this customer only.

Currently we have provision in transaction OVA8 called "Credit limit seasonal factor" where we can put additional limits in % for a specific period, but it is applicable to all the customers under that credit control area. I want to change it for a single customer only.

It would be great if anyone can help me in this scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If a customer should receive a special treatment from credit perspective, then it makes sense to allocate him to a different risk category and define the rules, which you described there. Then the temporary limit would be applied only for this new special risk category.

For sure, what you ask  - temporary increasing the credit limit per customer code could be achieved with one of the available user exits in OVA8, but it looks as a bad practice and could become a tedious task to maintain and control.

There are also other options - letter of credit, using the review date etc., but they are even worse suited for your purpose than the ones already suggested.

If I were you, I would definitely go with the first option and avoid any unnecessary developments in credit management.