Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to control the unrestricted stock in ECC ATP Scope of check

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Just curious about a scenario. In the ECC ATP Checking functionality, I wonder if it is possible to restrict the unrestricted Stock as available quantity during ATP check. I know it is possible in gATP environment where everything is configured using ATP categories. But, I would be curious to know if this would be possible in ECC ATP functionality. Perhaps someone like or would know ?

As you can see from the below, there is no provision to select and unselect the "Unrestricted" stock although I can see other type of stocks. Is it hard coded somewhere in Standard SAP code that the unrestricted stock should always be checked ? If this is true, it means we can only control the ATP check at schedule line category and I cannot do an ATP check purely based on receipt elements ?

Appreciate your thoughts

Thanks & Best Regards,

Babu Kilari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

Disallowing use of unrestricted stock is not possible in standard ECC availability checking.  If you need to do this, I believe it would require an enhancement.

Best Regards,

DB49

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey DB49,

Thanks for the response. I thought so but was curious too. If you see the original DB table structure T441V, I see there is an internal provision for Unrestricted Stock ( field VWBEST). Wonder at what point in time system reads or flags this. Perhaps hard coded. I may need to debug to find that "hot" spot

For now, it's all good

Thanks & Best Regards,

Babu Kilari

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I checked and to me, it looks like it is never read or used. Maybe there was originally a plan to include it and then it was never developed (but I am just speculating there). However, there does not seem to be any coding around this flag for the ATP check.

You could use EXIT_SAPLATPC_002 to remove the unrestricted stock from the ATP result. Similar to the solution I suggested in an old thread with you (thread 3602511). ATP returns the available amount. In your exit, have a logic that says IF <Conditions where unrestricted stock is excluded>, then subtract the unrestricted stock from the confirmed available amount.

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Noel. As always appreciate your reply. For now, I don't need to do any change as the question was raised out of curiosity when I started comparing things with gATP world. Thanks again.

Cheers,

Babu Kilari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear babu.kilari4,

You are checking ATP for make-to-stock orders as the checking rule is "A" which has standard behavior to check un-restricted stocks. If you want to skip un-restricted stock to check at ATP it is possible in Make-to-Order Items for which the checking rule is "AE".

Hope this will help