cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Afaria Android questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Afaria Experts,

Can you please be so kind and help me in answering questions of a possible new customer?

• Is it possible to enroll several tablets at the same time (mass enrollment). We are talking about 1300 devices. I think, it must be one by one, there isn´t  any other possibility. Could anybody give me a best practice how an IT department could manage enrolling 1300 devices for the users. I was not able to give them a good answer.
  • Is it possible to change the name of the Afaria Client to something else? Like it is possible using a custom iOS client. Icon branding possible?
  • Is possible that Afaria changes the background of the desktop and define and screensaver? Could this be done using a channel?

Thank you very much for your assistance.

br

Ernst Müllner

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Ernst,

Let me see if I can help answer these questions.   One of my bigger android customers preloads the afaria client onto a set of SD cards and then has a small team who provisions and enrolls them.  They just run the APK to install, enter the enrollment code, start enrollment and then move on to the next one.  This is about the fastest way to deploy a fleet of devices, but is still more or less one by one.

The Android client is not brandable.

None of the vendors have exposed the APIs to change the background and screensaver.  You could use a channel to put a desktop image in the standard download folder, but there is no way to switch the device to that new image. 

Tracy Barkley

Sr. Technical Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tracy,

Thank you for your answers.

You are right - putting the Android Client to the SD cards could speed up the enrollment process a little.

For the background/screensaver I also was thinking about using channels - to copy the files to the device sounds easy, but the tricky part is how to "activate" the new background/screensaver on the device.

Anyone has a glue on this?

Thank you

Ernst

Answers (0)