cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import option in STMS_import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,.

How can we set first 4 option checked default.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member

Hi Kshitij,

I really doubt that, you cannot achieve this from sap level.

As far as I know, there is not such settings.parameters to set default import options.

But you can try few other things to achieve this..

1. You can select bunch/block of transports from import queue and select the option you wish to get this set for the TR's that's being imported.

2. You can try importing from from OS level using script (automation) or command line option with the umodes you wish

FYI..

Command line option:

tp import <transport no.> <Target SID> clientXXX u123 pf=TP_DOMAIN_<Domain_controller _SID>.PFL

--Here XXX is Client no.

U-Modes / Unconditional Modes:

• The following umodes are available during exports:

1: Ignore the incorrect status of the transport request

8: Allow direct selection of forbidden tables.

Some tables are part of complex objects and generally cannot be exported alone.

• The following umodes are available during imports:

0: Overtaker, leave the respective task in the buffer, mark it to be imported again (1 or I).

1: Repeat the import of the transport request from the beginning.

2: Overwrite original objects.

3: Not used any more

4: Not used any more

6: Overwrite repaired objects (that are object being in an unconfirmed repair).

8: Ignore restrictions arising from table classes

9: Ignore that this type of transport request currently may not be imported

I (in buffer only): Repeat the import of the transport request from the beginning. This umode normally only appears in the buffer when umode 0 has been used.

J (in buffer only): repeat the import of the transport request into the respective client from the beginning. That means for example that client independent objects are not imported again. This umode normally only appears in the buffer when umode 0 has been used.

F (in buffer only): buffer entry is at a wrong position. A subsequent (implicit) addtobuffer will correct that later. This umode normally only appears in the buffer of delivery systems when umode 0 has been used.

D (in buffer only): that is not a umode, but the SPAM-tag, this can only be set with the option tag=SPAM.

X (in buffer only): that is not a umode, but the USER-tag, this can only be set with the option tag=X.

N (in buffer only): no delivery. This flag normally is set by the TMS workflow during their addtobuffer commands. However the flag will not be written to the buffer, when the respective buffer entry was already found in the buffer. If the flag is set tp does not deliver the respective buffer entry. In addition buffer entries with all step completed except the delivery step but with umode 'N' set will be regarded as completely imported.

Q (on command line only): ignore inactive entries. Available as of tp version 287.00. This flag is normally set by the TMS workflow only. Without this option tp will stop an import if it finds inactive entries in the buffer (See Quality assurance functionality.)

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

yes its is possible you can check by default first 4 option in stms_import.

In this regards, you need to set screen variants by using T-code SHD0

screen variants number is 0223

you can check option which you need thereafter assign users.

you can assign all user also..

I did it and i got it successfully...

Regards

Kshitiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

While searching the solutions. yes, I got the option for auto-import but they import all TR automatic. which I don't want..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kshitij,

As per the initial question selection of first 4 import option, there is no such possibility to maintain this as a default settings for import.

Also, the best practice is to avoid using all the four options for every TR's that is being imported, unless required.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mervin,

I only want to reduce manual work thats why i finding such solution for this..

mervin_joseph
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kshitij,

If this is for your QA/test system then I have a suggestion here .

If you have configured QA approval for your system then you can schedule auto-import job,where you can select first 4 option for all the TR's in one shot and all the approved TR's will get imported,this will save your time and reduce lot of manual work.

Best Regards,

Mervin Joseph

mervin_joseph
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kshitij,

I can see that your system has been configured as "Mass import strategy" as per the screenshot shared by you.That is the reason why the first option(leave transport request in queue for later import) gets selected by default.

And we don't have any transport strategy which will select the first 4 option by default.

As per my understanding your expectation is to reduce some manual work during import..

Could you please explain your requirement little briefly?? So that we can share you our thoughts/experience.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Mervin Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

all steps done. before but not able to set first 4 option check as default.....

I think there is no provision  for this.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kshitij,

Yes, there is no provision for this. But if you can figure out how the first option is getting checked then with the help of ABAPER you can customize the program or table to do so.

I am also checking , if we can break it.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kshitij,

Can you check the below thread

STMS - default for &quot;Leave Transport Request in ... | SCN

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi