cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customised Calendar not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using a factory calendar which should be running every month from 16th to 31st of every month. The customised calendar is attached along with the respective job selected with the calendar.

The issue is though the job has been scheduled for every day(16th to 31st), still the job is running only one day and stops. Any Suggestions.

Regards,

Ambarish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

feng_shi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you schedule the job in SM36, you should click on "Start condition", Press  "Date/Time" and tick the Periodic  job check box, Click on the Daily button and press Save.

Then click on "Restrictions" button. In the pop-up of Start date restrictions enter the calendar id which you defined before and select Move job to next working day option which restricts the job. 

Thanks and best regards,

Shi Feng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After the restriction and selecting the option of Move the job to next working day. It takes me back to the Start Time option. Where in its asking me to select the scheduled start date and time. If I select the date and time and save it. The customized calendar is removed and a normal daily job is been scheduled.

Regards.

feng_shi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your customised calendar was wrongly defined.

If you want the job be running every month from 16th to 31st, you should define the calendar like:

1, Only  enter Factory calendar ID name and description, Also enter the "From Year" and  "To Year" information. then Press Save. (other items should be blank)

2, You will be prompted with transport related information for factory calendar , read it and acknowledge it by pressing enter.

3, Now , press Special Rules button to specify dates for which you want the calendar to be active.

((In our case- create one special rule for 16th to 31st of every month) . Check the Workday check box on these dates.)

4, Once you have created all the special rules between your calendar's "From Date " and "To Date" press SAVE . In our example  the years are 2016 and 2030.

5, at last, schedule the job in SM36 as what I told you before.

Best regards,

Shi Feng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The screenshot of the customised calendar is attached.

Please check and let me know if the settings are correct or wrong.

Secondly, even after I went through your step to step configuration, the error still remains to specify a complete start time while saving the job.

Regards,

Ambarish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

Just check the blog

Schedule a background Job in SAP using factory calendar - SAP BASIS Tuts

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You.

Will update the status once the job is run tomorrow.

Regards.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ambarish,

Are you selecting the below setting to move the job to the next workday.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi