cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Naming option for WP Devices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since the update to Afaria 7 SP09 I have a problem with the standrad Naming of Windows Phone devices.

Before the update, a new device that is enrolling, the E-Mail Address that the user has entered during the enrollment is shown in the Device Column in the device tab.

Now, the Exchange Username is shown here for new devices??

Is there any possibility to show the Mail Address instead of the Exchange User again?

The Enrollment configuration is the following:

Enrollment Code:

Here are three variables defined, (Exchange User, Exchange PW and NotificationAddress). In the General tab of the enrollment policy "Data Column" is the "NotificationAddress" variable selected and no prefix.

If I try to edit the device directly after enrollment I also cannot find an option to have the Notification Address instead of the Exchange User Name.

Hope you can help me.

BR

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

A few questions and recommendations for this inquiry--

1. I understand that you’re referring to the Device column, but what about the User column in the default device view? Does this column contain any values?

2. Were you already prompting for ExchangeUser and Notification Address before upgrading to SP9?

3. If you inspect your Windows Phone device, there should be a field titled Notification Address in the initial Inspect screen. Is this being reflected as the email address, or as the ExchangeUser value?

4. Are you collecting hardware and/or software inventory from your Windows Phone devices via configuration policy? If not, please push an inventory policy to one of your WP devices, have the device check in, and see if the column changes.

5. I would also recommend to explore device Custom Views, so that you can define which columns you prefer to use and see in your device list. Perhaps one of the columns that you can choose from in a Custom View will contain the information that you’re interested in viewing.

Best,

Mandy Spivey
SAP Product Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandy,

Thanks for your response,

1. The User column contains also the Exchange User Name, but this was also before the update and exactly what the customer wants. He wants to see the Mail Address and the User Name because the User is not really a personal name format.

2.Yes, the enrollment is exactly the same like before the update, only one thin ga has changed, On the windows phone in the workplace setup we do not need to enter the exchange PW anymore... But the Account can be added successfully.

3. Do you mean the e-mail+account screen? If i go to the E-Mail account, I can see Username, where the E-Mail Address is entered and below the password field.

4.Yes, Hardware and Software Inventory is collected.

5.Yes, this was also my idea, but I will ask the customer if that is ok, because he wants to see the main information in the default screen, you know it is much more comfortable. To make a custom view to the default screen isn't possible, am I right?

Thanks again and best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the details.

For number (3), I’m actually referring to inspecting the device from the device list in the Afaria Administrator. So if you highlight a device > click Inspect (magnifying glass over paper icon on the left) > Then, in the initial Inspect screen, you should see a “Notification Address” field. Is this populated? If so, is it populated with a full email address, or is it populated with ExchangeUser?

Also, in regards to number (5), there is actually a brand new feature in SP10 that allows you to choose a Custom View as your default view. SP10 has been released, so this new feature is ready for use.

Best,
Mandy Spivey
SAP Product Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandy,

Thanks for this great news regarding the views as standard.

If I have a look in the device inspector, on a already enrolled device which is shown with E-Mail Address in the Device column, I can see a notification Address field on the bottom of the page where the variables are shown. Here is the correct E-Mail Address inside. And I can also see the correct Mail Address on the top of the page by Device.

On my Enrolled device I can also see the correct Mail Address in the NotificationAddress field, but only the username in the device field.

Thanks and best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Since your device has the Notification Address field populated with the email address, you should be able to use this value for your Device column (as long as you prompted for the Notification Address variable when the user enrolled) by doing the following.

Select your device from the device list (the one that does not have the email address shown in the Device column) > Edit > Click the “Setup” link in the top right > In the pop-up box, leave Optional Prefix blank > For the Naming Options field, select Notification Address > OK > Save. Now, the Notification Address should be populated for this device’s Device field.

If this still does not change the value to Notification Address, then I would suggest working with the custom views to find one that suits the customer. Then, if possible, upgrade to SP10 so that you can use this custom view as the default view for the customer’s convenience.

Best,
Mandy Spivey
SAP Product Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandy,

Thanks, I tried this already, the only fields I can see in the setup configuration are:

Username, Sync Name, IMEI and Database specific value.

So i cannot choose the "NotificationAddress" here.

BR

Michael