cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Sender Channel Error while process huge volume file

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Am getting error while process huge volume file in SAP PI sender channel. I need to process the file where the size around 50mb file and it contain around 5,00,000 lakh record.

As soon as file got picked and it's failed in sender channel with below mentioned error.

We increased ICM File size parameter (icm/HTTP/max_request_size_KB) and Java Heap Size  Memory.

But still we are getting the same error in Adapter engine.

We can't use message split, becase target side required single file.

Please suggest me to resolve this error.

Regards

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I had the same problem than you, the solution was to increase the hardware memory or to install a de-central adapter engine (Page 26: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/489f5844-0c01-0010-79be-acc3b5225...)

Even if you set a bigger value in icm/HTTP/max_request_size_KB you can have timeout/memory problems in the integration engine processing. If you go to smq1 or smq2 transaction you can check the issue in the integration engine that it has raised the 500 Internal Server Error at adapter level.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the response.

We solved the issue after we increased abap/heap_area_total parameter. (Note:1641519)

Now we can able to process 100mb file with more than 800,000 records.

Regards

Arun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

You can refer the below discussion.will be helpful

loading large file to the PI | SCN

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

If you dont have the mapping involved then you can use chunk mode as shown below blog. The split happen in PI only receiver still gets one file.

Regards,

Praveen.

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I have mapping program. So I can't use Chunk mode to process the files.

Regards

Arun