cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about SSO 2.0 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

I am new to the SSO field and a little bit confused.

I would like to install an identity provider on AS Java.

According to the documentation there are following requierments:

• To support the identity provider extensions, the host SAP NetWeaver Application Server (AS) Java must be of the following releases:
    • AS Java 7.3 SPS 13 or later
    • AS Java 7.31 SPS 15 or later
    • AS Java 7.4 SPS 10 or later
  • To support the newest user interface improvements, the host SAP NetWeaver Application Server (AS) Java must be of release AS Java 7.2 SPS 4 or later.User interface improvements include functions to add authentication contexts and map them to log-in modules, to configure metadata and metadata access, and to delete the identity provider configuration.Otherwise the host AS Java must be of the following releases:
    • AS Java 7.2 SPS 2 with 1471322 Information published on SAP site applied
    • AS Java 7.2 SPS 3 or later
  • You must have SAP Single Sign-On (SAP SSO) 2.0 or SAP Identity Management 7.2 or later installed in your system landscape.For more information about licensing SAP products, consult your key account manager.

The point that is confusing me is the last. I can't find an installation guide for SSO 2.0 only configuration guides for identity provider on AS Java. I searched SAP Single Sign-On 2.0 – SAP Help Portal Page but also couldnt find an installation guide for 2.0

So what is ment by the last requierment and where can I find a installation guide to it?

System is AS Java 7.3 SPS 11 (this has to be updated)

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

donka_dimitrova
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dominic,

As part of the implementation guide for the SAML Identity Provider here:

Identity Provider for SAP Single Sign-On and SAP Identity Management - SAP Library

There is a section:

Downloading and Installing the Federation Software - Identity Provider for SAP Single Sign-On and SA...

So, you have to download the latest IDMFEDERATION<release>.sca from the SAP Software Download Center and to DEPLOY it on the AS JAVA.

If you are new to the AS JAVA administration, you can find here some details how to use DEPLOY as application server shell command via telnet:

Administration Using Telnet - Administration of SAP NetWeaver CE - SAP Library

Regards,

Donka Dimitrova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have followed the swdc-Link and the descrobed path and wonder about two things:

1. There are only "Support Packages" available? Does that mean, that the basic IDMFEDERATION is already included in SSO2?

2. I find it quite confusing, that SP00 is larger than SP01. All remaining SP* are also smaller than the first two. Aren't they cummulative?! So do I need to apply all 11 one after the other?

Background: I want to get the IdP running on the SSO2.

Cheers

Christian

former_member182254
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. You can install any of the SCAs independently, for example directly SP10 without any previous SSO installation.

2. The SCAs from the first SPs are larger because by mistake during their assembly additional artifacts were included.

My advice is to download directly the SCA for SP10 and install it.

Best regards,

Dimitar Mihaylov