cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issues due to large data being sent to SAP by JDBC Sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an existing interface running in production which picks changes that has happened for a particular set of timesheet data everyday from an oracle database using JDBC Sender.Normally the number of records returned is more than 70,000 to 80,000 per polling iteration on a given day which is causing performance issues in SAP Proxy which is creating an ST22 dump in ECC with category "CALL_FUNCTION_SEND_ERROR" ( Short text  " " (I/O error)) - An error occurred while making a Remote Function Call.

This dump seems to have started happening after the data has started to increase from 50000 records to 80000 records per polling iteration.

We are using subqueries to select data from 2 tables in Oracle database. I understand that there is an option to restrict the number of rows being picked by using rownum .But , for the select statement used I need to use an update statement to set the flag . Currently since all records are picked at one shot , the update statement that is used does not have any issues .If i reduce the number of rows to be picked , how can I ensure I set the flag using update statement for the same records.

My question at this point would be ,

1. Is there a better option to reduce the number of rows being picked in 1 polling iteration of JDBC Sender which uses subqueries to pick the data from Oracle database.

2. In case i reduce the number of rows being picked by using rownum, how can i ensure the update statement will act on those same records to update the status flag.

Please provide your valuable advice.

Regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Just to add on why don't you reduce the polling interval, for example if you currently polling per day then change it to one hour if possible.

Regards,

Praveen.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

1. Is there a better option to reduce the number of rows being picked in 1 polling iteration of JDBC Sender which uses subqueries to pick the data from Oracle database.

It better to reduce the number of registers taken, depending your hardware the number can increase or reduce, but you should have between 5 to 10 Mb to have an optimal size

2. In case i reduce the number of rows being picked by using rownum, how can i ensure the update statement will act on those same records to update the status flag.

The best way that i find was to do a stored procedure in the Oracle database with the same Select that you use in your Select statement, you can check one example that i posted here:

Regards.