cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Interchangeability-Supersession Chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a situation where we have product hierarchy and a level above SKU, is Model. As SNP deals with SKU and doesn't understand Model, we have a business scenario where we have 3 products A, B & C where C is the newest product and behaving as successor product in interchangeability group.

Business requirement is A, B are old product and discontinued but still has some inventory. So when demand comes for product A, its should look for product B (which has inventory left) before going to the newest products C.

I have defined the interchangeability group, supersession chain

A---> B (forward)

B---->C (forward)

I was expecting that for Demand of product A will create SNPSubRcpt for Product B and subsequently it will create SNPSubRcpt for product C if stock of product B is less that demand of product A but it didn't happened.

Is this a N:1 case? Do you thing we need to have a BAdI implemented to evaluate the rule?

What I am missing??

Kindly advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What result did you get?
This should be a supported scenario.
First make sure the interchangeability group is assigned to the location in /incmd/ui and is released for being used in planning.
Then please execute a low level code determination in /sapapo/snpllc, to ensure the planning happens in correct sequence.

BR, Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken- I am using supersession.

Ada- The unexpected was demand did flow from B-to-C. As mentioned above IC defined are

A-->B

B-->C

demand of A is more than stock of A & B and shortage should go to C as C is successor product.

The only step i didn't do as per your suggestion is run low level code. I will try it now.

Also this is what i have found with help.sap. Wondering if this is applicable in my scenario, i am using SNP Heuristics.

Product Interchangeability in Supply Network Planning - Supply Network Planning Run - SAP Library

Regards,

V

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Low level code is very important in this case, which determines the planning sequence. Please run it first.

The scenario should be supported. When you execute SNP heuristic, what result do you get?
Do you get substitution receipt for product A, and corresponding substitution demand for product B?
Does the system plan for the subsitution demand for product B, and create substiution receipt for it, and the corresponding substitution demand for product C? Does the system plan the substitution demand for product C and create planned receipt for it?

Best Regards,
Ada

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why not use supersession?