Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Monitoring - Error and Issues

former_member210909
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have configured System Monitoring for one of our ABAP System, current Solution Manager version is Solman 7.1 and on SP 11.

Below is the screen appears while trying to check the results for for System Monitoring.

As you can see the Instance part and Host part are greyed out, They are not showing any results.

Could you please let me know what i have missed during configuration. I have selected all four option while configuring in select scope step of Tech Mon.

Thanks,

Rakesh Bhor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ruth_reilly
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

Please review 2046931 - Grey ABAP instance availability metrics - most common issues in technical monitoring with Solution Manager 7.1

Please also drill down into the metric and supply us with more details.

Regards,

Ruth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member210909
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply, Issue is resolved partially now after applying SAP Note 1857616.

I will check and apply the suggested notes by you and will keep you updated on same.

Thanks,

Rakesh B

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

There can be various reason for grey metrics and you need to do a complete RCA for the same.

check below links

specially this one

also below

SMS_Troubleshooting_DP_TI_SAP_J2EE - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki

Introscope Troubleshooting - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

Byte Code Adapter does not start - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

this should help to proceed further.

Thanks

Prakhar

MichaelFoley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

There can be any number of reasons for the grey metrics you have shown.

Can you advise are all of the templates correctly applied in Step 6 of Tech Mon? It looks like its a CSI that is having the issue, have you selected the correct template type?

Finally, please apply the templates using "All managed objects in background" option in Step 6 and if the template assignment is red, then send a screenshot of the error.

Regards
Michael