Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing document external number range

former_member1302095
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

One of my customers is asking for external numbering for Billing Document. But in SAP standard it has only internal numbering for Billing Document. Is it possible to assign external number range for F2 document type which is already used as internal number range. Please share your thoughts.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member1302095
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr lakshmipathi, I have seen your thread already.

But still am looking for customization using any of the exits like USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE or

USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE_INV_DATE.

Thanks Mr Tao Sun, In some forums I have seen countries like Peru  Mexico are using external numbers for Billing. In some cases Invoice numbers are predetermined, they must external.

There is a filed in TVFK called NUMKE - Number range in the case of external number assignment.

In RV60AFZC,

FORM USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE_INV_DATE USING US_RANGE_INTERN.

* Example: Number range from TVFK like in standard

* US_RANGE_INTERN = TVFK-NUMKI.

Can we use NUMKE instead of NUMKI.

Is it possible to create Billing Document with  external number using of BAPI_BILLINGDOC_CREATEMULTIPLE?

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will try to clear a possible confusion.

The exits, which you mention, allow you to specify a different number range interval for a certain billing type than the one defined in VOFA, based on some business logic.

For example you can easily achieve the following:

Billing type F2:

Company code A001 number range 210000-219999

Company code B001 number range 720000-729999

In both company codes the numbering is internal, sequential (with some buffering).

I have no experience with Peru/Mexico localization packages, but for other countries, where external numbering for SD billing documents is required according to the local legislation, I have seen three options:

1/ localization packages, where the official numbering is populated and validated in j-tables (usually some additional configuration is required). In this case you have very clear rules how, when and which number should be assigned and checked;

2/ populating a separate field in VBRK with the legal document number- a viable solution for preprinted papers where the official invoice number is provided by the government - you have little control over the external numbering and can perform very basic validations;

3/ z-tables in addition to populating a VBRK field (no suitable localization package available and complex logic/additional requirements for reporting/validation/processing of the number assignment)

Does your customer ask for external invoice numbers because there is some specific legislation?

If yes, check the available solutions for the country - localization packages cover a lot more than just invoice numbering, so they could save time and effort.

If this is not a legal requirement, but is meant to simplify internal reporting, probably you could persuade the customer to use internal number ranges and fill the external number as a reference.

From the help documentation in Define Number Range for Billing Documents (in SPRO):

Number assignment for billing documents can only be carried out internally, that is, the SAP System automatically assigns a consecutive number from the defined number range.

If you explain to the customer that the billing document number (VBRK-VBELN) is for internal/system usage and that the important field for them (from business perspective) is this reference field, they would understand and adapt easily (I assume that this is a new implementation).

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have a company in Mexico and they don't use external numbering. I believe it's just a misunderstanding of the legal requirements there. They do have their own number range (assigned in the user exit you've mentioned based on the Sales Org) and this number range has buffering switched off to ensure there are no accidental "gaps" between the numbers. External number range is not actually required.

tao_sun2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Remay,

Unfortunately I must confirm you that there is no possibility to use external number ranges for billing documents in the standard system. This design is due to the fact that most countries do not allow to use external numbering for billing documents. Even in program RV60AFZZ, USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE is for internal number range only.

Best Regards,

Tao

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not possible to have an external number range for billing.  For more details, have a look at my response here

External Number range for Periodic Billing plan... | SCN

G. Lakshmipathi