Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update of SD pricing logic from external system

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

There is an external system where certain pricing markups are calculated.  I am wondering if the SD pricing procedure supports the option of any coefficients or markups to be updated from the external data source?  What is the best practice?

I would assume on a monthly basis of based on the validity date.

Sorry if my question sounds basic, but I am not an SD person.

Thank you,

Paulo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Paulo Vitoriano wrote:

I am wondering if the SD pricing procedure supports the option of any coefficients or markups to be updated from the external data source?

Not really... How do you imagine it would "support" such update?

What exactly are you trying to achieve and why are you trying to do this without access to an SD consultant?

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

I came across one ASUG presentation that has the concept described there.  SCN does not support any ASUG links, so cannot reference it here.

Same time I would really appreciate your feedback! 

Thank you,

Paulo

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ASUG presentation stated "custom program", so once again there is no magic, only ABAP.

There are many questions on SCN how to update / upload pricing conditions programmatically. None of the options are great, unfortunately. IDocs are painfully slow but FMs are just plain database INSERTs without any validations, so - pick your poison.

Google -> function update pricing site:sap.com

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Just to follow up:

1. What kind of validations you will consider essential or "must have" in the ABAP approach?

2. IDocs are painfully slow, do we know why?  Too many validations or any other good reasons?

Thank you,

Paulo

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If memory serves, IDocs were using a function that goes through BDC and that is always slow.

Validations would depend on your access sequence. There were no validations whatsoever in the FMs, e.g. not even checking that material number exists in MARA. So you'll need to validate all the fields yourself if you take that route.

Answers (0)